Closed TopicStart new topic
> Virus infection
mama d
post 26.04.2010 23:25
Post #1

Group: Members

This is my system info shortcut:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...351a723d6a00b2e

When I attempted to open a website from a Google search, I was informed in the Windows Security window which popped open that I was infected. Flashing red lines of info. I saw probably 7 or 8 red lines of information. I opened KIS 2010. Meanwhile, a couple of dialogue boxes opened middle screen and asked me to either 'Run' or 'Save' a setup.exe file. I couldn't tell the source of the file so I did neither. Kaspersky popup windows in the lower right corner of the screen asked if I wanted to 'neutralize all.' I clicked on 'neutralize all.' Kaspersky then informed me that it could not remove certain of the viruses or trojans and recommended 'Quarantine." Then Kaspersky told me to restart which I did. I ran a full system scan after running a quick scan. Two files are now in quarantine. I cannot find them on my system when I search for them so I am hoping that all is now clean.

At one point during the process, I looked at the top of the Kaspersky window and it said "not protected." I don't remember seeing that when I first opened the window to see what was happening and to run the scan.

How can I tell if my system is clean? How can I delete or get rid of the files in Quarantine? They are not system files, but look like TEMP files containing the Setup.exe files that I refused to run or save.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 26.04.2010 23:35
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

Hello
Please post a screenshot of the quarantine list showing those two files.

+Quote Post
mama d
post 27.04.2010 00:15
Post #3

Sorry, cannot get screen shot to paste or CNTL V here...Please open attachment...screen shot pasted to Word doc.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  KIS_Screen_Shot.doc ( 143K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
mama d
post 27.04.2010 15:21
Post #4

QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 26.04.2010 22:35) *
Hello

+Quote Post
mama d
post 27.04.2010 15:41
Post #5

QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 26.04.2010 22:35) *
Hello

Actually the full page report may tell you more. Again, I am attaching screen shot as a document since I cannot for the life of me get the screen shot to paste on this page.

Just ran a quick scan on boot and it was clean.

So far, I have been running KIS on 6 machines for 2 years and have been very pleased. KIS seems light on all systems except one and requires almost no attention from the operator. Once one gets rid of all the hidden litter left by Norton following the forum's flawless instructions, Kaspersky runs like a charm.

Thanks again.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  screen_shot_04262009.doc ( 150,5K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 27.04.2010 17:01
Post #6

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

right click the list>clear list (also deletes them from the quarantine). Do you get additional popups for them afterwards?

+Quote Post
mama d
post 27.04.2010 17:18
Post #7

QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 27.04.2010 16:01) *
right click the list>clear list (also deletes them from the quarantine). Do you get additional popups for them afterwards?

One more question: Do I want to delete objects from backup after deleting the report entry?

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.10.2014 09:54