IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to delete a virus
dli285
post 24.03.2010 23:09
Post #1

Group: Members

I'm new with Kaspersky so i don't really know how to delete a virus. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. I currently have one virus but on the page that shows it, i cannot delete it. There's no button to press to delete a virus except for the button, disinfect all. However, the button doesn't work, it is lightly colored which means i can't press it. I have checked the Vulnerability area but there are none. How do i get rid of my virus?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dh27564
post 24.03.2010 23:13
Post #2

Posting guru

Most likely Kaspersky has already handled it. Select Active Threats from the drop-down box below the Detected Threats Tab. If it’s empty and your main protection banner is green, all good signs.

If you'd like forum members to take a closer look, please post a screenshot of your Detected Threats Tab with columns widened so all text is visible. Instructions if needed:

1. Display the Detected Threats Tab with columns widened so all text is visible.
2. Press the “Prt Scr” key (usually next to the F12 key).
3. Open the Paint program (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint).
4. Select Edit > Paste > File > Save As (jpeg or png).
5. When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

--------------------
D. Henderson
Cleveland, Ohio USA

+Quote Post
ibok
post 24.03.2010 23:15
Post #3

Kaspersky Fan II

QUOTE(dli285 @ 24.03.2010 21:09) *
I'm new with Kaspersky so i don't really know how to delete a virus. I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. I currently have one virus but on the page that shows it, i cannot delete it. There's no button to press to delete a virus except for the button, disinfect all. However, the button doesn't work, it is lightly colored which means i can't press it. I have checked the Vulnerability area but there are none. How do i get rid of my virus?

If yr upper Kaspersky ribbon is green you are OK.But if that ribbon is red then you must click on Fix it.

--------------------
“Kill a man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god.”
Jean Rostand (1894 - 1977)

+Quote Post
dli285
post 25.03.2010 00:00
Post #4

Thanks, that helped a lot.

+Quote Post
ibok
post 25.03.2010 00:44
Post #5

Kaspersky Fan II

QUOTE(dli285 @ 24.03.2010 22:00) *
Thanks, that helped a lot.

Pleased that we helped you.

--------------------
“Kill a man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god.”
Jean Rostand (1894 - 1977)

+Quote Post
cbelnap2
post 9.06.2010 01:45
Post #6

QUOTE(ibok @ 24.03.2010 14:44) *
Pleased that we helped you.

I have a similar issue however when I click on "Fix it", my computer seems to be thinking about it and then nothing happens. I've got alot of things on these lists, but I don't know how to delete any of it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks:)

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 9.06.2010 03:47
Post #7

Are You Kidding?

Group: Global moderators

Welcome. Please provide detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
cbelnap2
post 13.06.2010 03:52
Post #8

QUOTE(richbuff @ 8.06.2010 17:47) *
Welcome. Please provide detection details. Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

There is the screenshot. I wanna make sure it is off my computer, not just quarantined. Thank you for your help.wink.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  delete_virus_1.JPG ( 273,27K ) Number of downloads: 17

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 13.06.2010 03:58
Post #9

Are You Kidding?

You're welcome. In this case, the question is: Are those items known to you, and do you know if they are from the Official source?

Merijn tools\Kill2me. Is it from the Official source?

GeeksquadCD.iso. Is it from an Official source?

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
cbelnap2
post 16.06.2010 12:05
Post #10

QUOTE(richbuff @ 12.06.2010 17:58) *
You're welcome. In this case, the question is: Are those items known to you, and do you know if they are from the Official source?

Merijn tools\Kill2me. Is it from the Official source?

GeeksquadCD.iso. Is it from an Official source?

yeah I don't understand what you mean when you say "official source", but I am assuming you mean do i know it and trust it. geeksquadcd.iso is the only one I trust. How do I get rid of those. I had kaspersky delete them in a pop up, but I guess that didn't do the job.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 16.06.2010 12:32
Post #11

Are You Kidding?

That means you got them from where they are supposed to come from. If they came from where they are supposed to come from, they may be false positives. If they came from a fringe source, then maybe they are not false positives. Have you tried navigating to them in Windows Explorer and deleting them?

--------------------

+Quote Post
cbelnap2
post 18.06.2010 06:23
Post #12

QUOTE(richbuff @ 16.06.2010 02:32) *
That means you got them from where they are supposed to come from. If they came from where they are supposed to come from, they may be false positives. If they came from a fringe source, then maybe they are not false positives. Have you tried navigating to them in Windows Explorer and deleting them?

Actually I have not. I don't understand how to delete them with windows explorer. I have heard of false positives and all but I can't say I truly understand them. Could you help me understand how to navigate to them in windows explorer and delete them there? I have heard of doing it, but never found out how. thanks:)

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 18.06.2010 06:37
Post #13

Are You Kidding?

Please see: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...ab_explore.mspx

--------------------

+Quote Post
cbelnap2
post 19.06.2010 02:13
Post #14

QUOTE(richbuff @ 17.06.2010 20:37) *

Hey richbuff, you were awesome help; thank you! I don't know how it happened, but I opened Kaspersky, and all the active threats were gone. Yeah, I dunno, does Kaspersky just do that stuff on its own? Honestly, I am baffled. Thanks again.wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.11.2014 22:55