IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lavasoft Ad-Aware 7-8, How to remove when not mentioned in "add/remove" ?
pfgbel
post 1.03.2010 18:45
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello,
I just bought Kaspersky antivirus 2010 and want to install it on my Pc.
As mentionned in the installation guide, I previously deinstalled all other antivirus through the add/remove programs from windows XP-SP3 configuration panel.
This includes Lavasoft "Ad-Aware" software.
However, when installing Kaspersky antivirus, the installer indicates that "Ad-Aware" is still present, even after several automatic removal by Kaspersky antivirus software...
I checked again in the control panel and no Lavasoft Ad-Aware is mentionned as being installed in the computer !!
What still present is the directory of Lavasoft, and this in C:\program Files\
Please I need your help because my pc is now unprotected !!
Thanks in advance !
Pol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 1.03.2010 19:39
Post #2

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

Hi. Maybe incomplete uninstall of Ad-Aware.
Please provide a GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395
Use GSI utility 4.0 and if Vista or Windows7, rt. click getsysteminfo.exe and select Run as administrator.

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2014

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
pfgbel
post 1.03.2010 20:29
Post #3

QUOTE(rudger79 @ 1.03.2010 18:39) *
Hi. Maybe incomplete uninstall of Ad-Aware.
Please provide a GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395
Use GSI utility 4.0 and if Vista or Windows7, rt. click getsysteminfo.exe and select Run as administrator.

Hi Rudger79 !
Here the required info: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...c21aa4d0886f536

PS: I had to reinstall avast to get back here on the concerned computer

Thanks for your help !
Pol

This post has been edited by pfgbel: 1.03.2010 20:31

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 1.03.2010 21:12
Post #4

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

Hi. Uninstall Avast, Filseclab Personal Firewall, Windows Defender then reboot. Then try to reinstall KAV. Install KAV first then try the firewall app. This firewall app may not work with KAV and you may have to use another. Comodo I believe works with KAV. Leave the others uninstalled. Norton LiveAdvisor may interfere and you may have to unisntall it also then reinstall after installing KAV.

You should have a look at this thread regarding clean up after other installations of AV's. There is an avast removal tool and some free cleaner apps linked: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=5233

Another suggestion would be to update your ethernet adapters. Check the Summary Tab>Update of your GSI for the links.

Please post back afterwards. smile.gif

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 Beta
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2014

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
ice22
post 2.09.2011 20:21
Post #5

I had a similar problem when I installed KIS 2012. It would not install because it said I had Ad-Aware 7 on my PC. Ad-Aware was removed long ago using Add/Remove programs in windows. I found a trace of Ad-Aware in the registry and removed it. Kaspersky then installed with no problem. The leftover Ad-Aware key was in HKLM>Software>Lavasoft. I just deleted the entire Lavasoft folder under Software. Finding the leftover key from Ad-Aware was more difficult than removing adware. Go figure.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2.09.2014 20:40