Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KIS 2010 and Windows 7 issues, multiple issues with KIS 2010 and Windows 7
mboss
post 6.02.2010 20:37
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

I recently reformatted my HD to install Windows 7. I reinstalled KIS 9.0.0.736. Seemed to have no issues. I have been reinstalling some of my software - but not all yet. Some issues there, but not related to this (I think), I seemed to have installed one of the software programs into 'protected mode'.

First issue:
Ran my first full scan, and at about 20%, Windows 7 says oops I have a problem and reboots the machine, stopping the scan. KIS comes up and full scan says 'malfunction unknown, task stopped'. After rebooting, ran KIS quick scan, and it worked fine. (Oh FYI, Windows error dialog is as worthless as always).

Second issue:
Clicked on reports to see if I could see anything in KIS as to the malfunction in issue one above, and - you guessed it, Windows 7 says I have a problem and reboots the machine.

Third issue:
Clicked settings > firewall > settings > networks tab. Under other networks Internet shows Public network. The other selection is NVIDIA nForce Networking controller, it shows Local network.

Highlighted Internet, clicked edit. Status is greyed out, not allowing me to change it to Local network. Went back to the prior screen and right clicked on internet and local and trusted networks are greyed out not allowing me to change it from Public network. The reason I want to change to local is because of a forum item I read (don't have the link here) that indicates that I need to have this set at local to allow shared printing. Whether this is true or not, I would like to be able to have the ability to change this if I need to.

Do I need to break these issues out into different topics, or is it sufficient to have it here?

This post has been edited by mboss: 6.02.2010 20:38
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 6.02.2010 21:02
Post #2

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

Hi. Internet set to public is correct. To allow file and printer sharing the network must be local or trusted. smile.gif

Please provide a GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395
Use GSI utility 4.0 and if Vista or Windows7, rt. click getsysteminfo.exe and select Run as administrator.

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 MR1 15.0.1.415
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2015 MR1 15.0.1.415

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post
mboss
post 6.02.2010 21:34
Post #3

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

QUOTE(rudger79 @ 6.02.2010 11:02) *
Hi. Internet set to public is correct. To allow file and printer sharing the network must be local or trusted. smile.gif

Please provide a GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395
Use GSI utility 4.0 and if Vista or Windows7, rt. click getsysteminfo.exe and select Run as administrator.

At what point do I do this, before or after the forced reboot?

+Quote Post
rudger79
post 6.02.2010 21:41
Post #4

Forum Elite

Group: Gold beta testers

Either way. It can also be run without KIS installed if PC not usable with KIS but preferably with KIS installed.

--------------------
2015 Beta Test Machine specs: Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, Real Machine (laptop), 4GB Ram No OEM stuff. My GSI Report Link

________________________________________________________________________________
1.Laptop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x64 4gb - FF latest -
KIS 2015 MR1 15.0.1.415
2.Desktop -
Windows 7 Pro SP 1 x86 4gb - FF latest - KIS 2015 MR1 15.0.1.415

My Kaspersky Account Kaspersky Support Ticket Request to Kaspersky Virus Lab Link to GSI Report Instructions Kaspersky Latest Product Versions

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.10.2014 16:44