Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Network attack Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern
Markus N
post 12.01.2010 06:36
Post #1

Group: Members

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, and I need some help. I don't know much about computers so please bear with me.
I'm running KIS 2010 and have new Toshiba laptop w/ windows 7. I was sitting in one of my lectures taking notes on my laptop at my university, and a message popped up and I wasn't able to read it all so I don't know if it said it blocked it but all I was able to read was Network attack Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern. So I checked in detected threats and under status it says this is suspicious. So the first thing I did was turn off the wireless internet. Now I don't know what I can or should do, I can't disinfect it and I'm worried because it does not say it was blocked.

Should I be worried, and what should I do?

Thanks

Markus N.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 12.01.2010 06:50
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Please see the middle (second) of three important topics located near the top of the Virus section of this forum.

There, see Frequently encountered messages > Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=36390

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Markus N
post 15.01.2010 11:19
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(richbuff @ 12.01.2010 05:50) *
Welcome. Please see the middle (second) of three important topics located near the top of the Virus section of this forum.

There, see Frequently encountered messages > Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=36390

I'm still a little unclear only because no where does it say on KIS that it was blocked or disinfected, it only states thats it's suspicious. So should I be worried?

Thanks,

Markus N.

This post has been edited by Markus N: 15.01.2010 11:23

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 15.01.2010 11:49
Post #4

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

No. For two reasons, as indicated in the link.

1) Kaspersky blocks it.

2) you very much most probably do not have Microsoft SQL server 2000 installed. Please review the linked material again, and then click the little down arrow and select Disable this notification.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2.09.2014 13:12