IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> can't install Kaspersky IS 2010
zodiak770
post 5.01.2010 10:48
Post #1

Group: Members

I am having trouble installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2010; the progress bar during installation appears to fill up, then the window disappears, there is no confirmation that the software has been successfully installed, and though the icon now appears in the Start menu, when I click on it the application doesn't load. I have been having issues with general system stability lately; I suspect a virus/malware, which is why I downloaded IS to begin with.

Here is the gsi link: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...518413fcdb2d888.

Attached is the virusinfo_syscure.zip file.

Thanks so much guys!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 5.01.2010 10:56
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. It is not attached. Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

How to attach it:

When replying, click the browse button that is located below the lower right corner of the reply box. In the window that opens, navigate to the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip file.
Click it once to select it, then click Open, then click Upload button, located just to the right of the Browse button. Wait a few moments for it to upload, then Reply.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
massalama
post 5.01.2010 11:01
Post #3

Posting guru

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(zodiak770 @ 5.01.2010 07:48) *
I am having trouble installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2010; the progress bar during installation appears to fill up, then the window disappears, there is no confirmation that the software has been successfully installed, and though the icon now appears in the Start menu, when I click on it the application doesn't load. I have been having issues with general system stability lately; I suspect a virus/malware, which is why I downloaded IS to begin with.

Here is the gsi link: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...518413fcdb2d888.

Attached is the virusinfo_syscure.zip file.

Thanks so much guys!

hi zodiak,

you have a lot of residual key of past antivirus installation that must be cleaned. it is possible that you arrive to do that using specific removal tools for each program you have hosted on pc. see HERE a list of tools.
in particularly ypu have to clean past installation of symantec product and AVG internet security. you have to remove also Windows Live OneCare safety scanner that is not compatible with kis. do a clean pass at your temporary file end registry with ccleaner in default setting because there are a lot of residuals.

after that, try to reinstall kis

regards

--------------------
Windows 8 Enterprise x64 / Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 15.0.0.463_a/ Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 15.0.1.405 MR1 / Firefox 24.7.0 ESR
Postare un log GSI | Guide e Link utili | Download Ultime Versioni | Assistenza Clienti | Kaspersky Virus Lab | Supporto ai Prodotti | Supporto Tecnico |

+Quote Post
zodiak770
post 6.01.2010 02:29
Post #4

Thanks for the quick response. I have gone through all the recommended steps to delete all AVG- and Symantec-related files on my computer; however, I am having the same problem as before installing and properly starting up Kaspersky IS 2010. I have noticed that the Kaspersky service is stopped in Windows services, and when I try to start it, I get an error 1053: (paraphrased) the service failed to start in a timely manner. I had the same issue with the AVG service failing to start.

Here is the updated gsi:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...f29c2d95f8b6482

Attached is the updated avz log file.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  virusinfo_syscure.zip ( 37,79K ) Number of downloads: 1

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.01.2010 02:50
Post #5

Oldtimer

Run this script, instructions: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678368 PC will reboot:
CODE
begin
SetAVZGuardStatus(True);
SearchRootkit(true, true);
QuarantineFile('\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\H8SRTpyyjgrwwpl.dll','');
DeleteFile('\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\H8SRTpyyjgrwwpl.dll');
BC_ImportDeletedList;
ExecuteSysClean;
BC_Activate;
RebootWindows(true);
end.

After run script, attach a Combofix log, please review and follow these instructions carefully.

Before downloading and Saving combofix to Desktop, please rename combofix to something like 123.exe to stop malware from disabling it.

Now, please make sure no other programs are running, close all other windows and pause Kaspersky (right click the K icon and click pause protection > Choose the
option "resume manually" if still active) until after the scanning and removal process has taken place.

Please double click on the file you downloaded. Follow the onscreen prompts to start the scan.
Once the scanning process has started please DO NOT click on the Combofix window or attempt to use your computer as this can cause the scanning process to stall.
It may take a while to complete scanning and this is normal.

You will be disconnected from the internet and your desktop icons/toolbars will disappear during scanning, do not worry, this is normal and it will be restored after
scanning has completed.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post. Also, please don't
forget to resume the Kaspersky that you paused.

Download Combofix here -> http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
zodiak770
post 6.01.2010 03:38
Post #6

I tried running the script in AVZ, and I got an error. Here is the text from the log file. Thanks for the quick response! I really appreciate your help.

1.1 Searching for user-mode API hooks
Analysis: kernel32.dll, export table found in section .text
Analysis: ntdll.dll, export table found in section .text
Analysis: user32.dll, export table found in section .text
Analysis: advapi32.dll, export table found in section .text
Analysis: ws2_32.dll, export table found in section .text
Analysis: wininet.dll, export table found in section .text
Analysis: rasapi32.dll, export table found in section .text
Analysis: urlmon.dll, export table found in section .text
Analysis: netapi32.dll, export table found in section .text
1.4 Searching for masking processes and drivers
Checking not performed: extended monitoring driver (AVZPM) is not installed
Driver loaded successfully
1.5 Checking of IRP handlers
Checking - complete
File quarantined succesfully (\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\H8SRTpyyjgrwwpl.dll)
Quarantine file: failed (error), attempt of direct disk reading (\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\)
Quarantine file (direct disk reading) "%S" - failed (error)[/b]
Delete file:\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\H8SRTpyyjgrwwpl.dll
Removing traces of deleted files...

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.01.2010 04:46
Post #7

Oldtimer

You're welcome. Please proceed to the Combofix instructions.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28.08.2014 05:01