Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KSS, Security Suite Questions
dallen
post 15.06.2005 05:56
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

Hi, as I stated in my first post, I use kaspersky security suite. And have a lot of questions:

1) Does the KAH (in the KSS) serve as a complete firewall?? No need for any other?

2) Does 'repell' mean that any attack is 'completely' stopped?

3) How come when I try to send a report to Kaspersky .....I cant???

4) How come some updates are failing??

5) Why are all the updates like 16/15kb????

6) Is the Anti-Virus the old Anti-Viral Tool-kit???

7) Is there a problem running on/winxp w/2 users on same PC?? Are both users protected??

8) Am I going to have to pay for the upgrade (when it comes out) to 5.03 of security suite???

Thanks

--------------------
dallen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 15.06.2005 06:50
Post #2

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Hi Dallen

1. Yes, KAH is a firewall, you shouldn't run more than one firewall at any time.

2. It's means that this one attack was stopped, as you have seen yourself, it doesn't mean that they won't return to get denied access again.

3. Beats me? are you using the link in the support section of Kav?:

http://img85.echo.cx/my.php?image=kav50support0sk.jpg

5. They aren't, some are upto 500-800kb's.

6. Yes.

7. Yes, only 5.0325 is supporting full fast user switching, should included in the suite soon.

8. No.

Sorry that i can't respond to any further questions until next mon-tuesday, but i'm going on a miniholiday in 30 minutes. wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dallen
post 15.06.2005 16:33
Post #3

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ Jun 14 2005, 08:50 PM)
Hi Dallen

1. Yes, KAH is a firewall, you shouldn't run more than one firewall at any time.

2. It's means that this one attack was stopped, as you have seen yourself, it doesn't mean that they won't return to get denied access again.

3. Beats me? are you using the link in the support section of Kav?:

http://img85.echo.cx/my.php?image=kav50support0sk.jpg

5. They aren't, some are upto 500-800kb's.

6. Yes.

7. Yes, only 5.0325 is supporting full fast user switching, should included in the suite soon.

8. No.

Sorry that i can't respond to any further questions until next mon-tuesday, but i'm going on a miniholiday in 30 minutes. wink.gif  smile.gif

smile.gif Enjoy your holiday ....Thanks again for the Input/Answers ....this helps me to better understand. biggrin.gif

Q:7 concerns me a little, since the Kaspersky site indicates that Kaspersky Security Suite is compatible w/WinXP. I assumed compatible meant 'fully' compatible and 'functional'. Allowing for the possibility of there being multiple users on a 'single' pc.

However, currently the other user 'appears' to be covered at this time (ie; KSS is loading up for both users, detecting, and seems to be scanning regardless of who is using the PC and I believe updating.....Hmmmm)

Im running the week old version of KSS. Hope the update/upgrade is soon. Like having peace of mind.

--------------------
dallen

+Quote Post
dallen
post 21.06.2005 17:19
Post #4

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(dallen @ Jun 15 2005, 06:33 AM)
smile.gif Enjoy your holiday ....Thanks again for the Input/Answers ....this helps me to better understand.  biggrin.gif

Q:7 concerns me a little, since the Kaspersky site indicates that Kaspersky Security Suite is compatible w/WinXP. I assumed compatible meant 'fully' compatible and 'functional'. Allowing for the possibility of there being multiple users on a 'single' pc.

However, currently the other user 'appears' to be covered at this time (ie; KSS is loading up for both users, detecting, and seems to be scanning regardless of who is using the PC and I believe updating.....Hmmmm)

Im running the week old version of KSS. Hope the update/upgrade is soon. Like having peace of mind.

I apologize for being late on the reply to question #3 (but all h*ll broke out w/other issues that haven't been resolved) ......yes, Im using the link as indicated and still no luck in it functioning properly. Im trying to contact support as well as send some files to them for analysis.

I will go to the Kasperky site 'again' and see if I can get a response. That hasn't been successful either, so far.

--------------------
dallen

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 21.06.2005 19:49
Post #5

Global Moderator

Hi Dallen

You can (if living in the US) contact the US supportcenter here: support@us.kaspersky.com and get support from 9 till 18 (NYC time), Monday - Friday. i would in fact advise it, as this is to take some of the load on Kaspersky support-Mockba of, and is something that has been requested by most US based costumers, they have supportengineers as well.

If the files are viruses, then use this link: newvirus@kaspersky.com

What issue's are you referring to?

--------------------

+Quote Post
dallen
post 22.06.2005 01:42
Post #6

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ Jun 21 2005, 09:49 AM)
Hi Dallen

You can (if living in the US) contact the US supportcenter here: support@us.kaspersky.com and get support from 9 till 18 (NYC time), Monday - Friday. i would in fact advise it, as this is to take some of the load on Kaspersky support-Mockba of, and is something that has been requested by most US based costumers, they have supportengineers as well.

If the files are viruses, then use this link: newvirus@kaspersky.com

What issue's are you referring to?

Many thanks for the info ....yes I live in the US, currently. These choices will help. As far as issues, some have been what are posted by others already (support, Detection, Anti-Spam that comes, Anti-Hacker, a major keylogger that was not detected) Im hoping, as you said, that an upgrade is out soon for KLSS.

The money spent doesn't concern me, my data does however.

Thanks Again

--------------------
dallen

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 22.06.2005 19:54
Post #7

Global Moderator

QUOTE(dallen @ Jun 21 2005, 11:42 PM)
Many thanks for the info ....yes I live in the US, currently. These choices will help. As far as issues, some have been what are posted by others already (support, Detection, Anti-Spam that comes, Anti-Hacker, a major keylogger that was not detected) Im hoping, as you said, that an upgrade is out soon for KLSS.

The money spent doesn't concern me, my data does however.

Thanks Again

Dallen

I have read your other thread and i can assure you that Kaspersky Antispam does not include keyloggers/spyware (or Antihacker/Anti-virus).

As BlueZanetti & dvk01 already has said these are false positives by Keylogger Killer 1.5 & Spyware Doctor. Next time submit them to through the link i posted and of course to the program that "detects" it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20.12.2014 09:09