IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Validation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus personal root certificate, Need to validate the the certificate is actually from Kaspersky.
sealpot
post 10.12.2009 23:37
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello everybody I am new to this so I hope I have figured out how to go about navigating this site. I hope someone out there is ready to help me. I keep getting this Security warning from Windows It says that I am about to install a certificate from a certification authority (CA). claiming to represent Kasperly Anti-Virus personal root certificate.
It goes on to say: Windows cannnot validate that the certificate is actually from Kaspersky Anti-Virus personal root certificate.
They also said that I need to confirm its origin by contacting Kaspersky and they gave me a thumbprint number. Okay now what do I do? blink.gif dry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 11.12.2009 00:41
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

hello
no, that certificate is self generated on your pc (and self generated certificates can't be signed - it's actually better than having the whole world trust a certificate that would be valid and that anyone can get), you can go ahead and allow that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1.08.2014 01:38