IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> System Mechanic and Kaspersky, I don't understand why Kaspersky is inncorrectly
MichelleP
post 5.11.2009 09:51
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

flagging the new System Mechanic 9.05 as a trojan. Fix it because I want to use System Mechanic and I can't because Kaspersky is quarantining the file.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  kaspersky.jpg ( 95,04K ) Number of downloads: 20

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sjoeii
post 5.11.2009 09:55
Post #2

Professional

Group: Gold beta testers

Looks like it is just a leftover in your temp folder. Please clean your temp folder

--------------------

+Quote Post
MichelleP
post 5.11.2009 09:56
Post #3

Advanced Member I

No, I am trying to install the new version and I can't. Kaspersky won't let me install the new version. I don't know how this is going to be. Just go to iolo and try to download and install system mechanic. Kaspersky will incorrectly flag it. Version 9.05.

www.iolo.com

I am a iolo customer too and this problem is going to get fixed. I don't understand why Kaspersky and iolo have so many problems. Kaspersky used to be in System Mechanic Pro

This post has been edited by MichelleP: 5.11.2009 10:07

+Quote Post
Sjoeii
post 5.11.2009 10:07
Post #4

Professional

Seems like it has anti virus and a firewall as well. Doesn't seems like a good plan to use it besides Kaspersky

--------------------

+Quote Post
MichelleP
post 5.11.2009 10:08
Post #5

Advanced Member I

Nope I use the one without the antivirus and firewall.

http://iolo.com/system-mechanic/standard/

The pro is the one with the antivirus and firewall.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 5.11.2009 10:17
Post #6

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(MichelleP @ 5.11.2009 06:56) *
No, I am trying to install the new version and I can't. Kaspersky won't let me install the new version. I don't know how this is going to be. Just go to iolo and try to download and install system mechanic. Kaspersky will incorrectly flag it. Version 9.05.

www.iolo.com

I am a iolo customer too and this problem is going to get fixed. I don't understand why Kaspersky and iolo have so many problems. Kaspersky used to be in System Mechanic Pro

Many moons ago, yes.......both version (SM & Kaspersky) were much much older versions, both have gone in different directions making suites and you just don't kow if it is an "incorrect detection", you feel it is because you like SM, but at this point we don't know.

All of the things it does you can get for free and better btw. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MichelleP
post 5.11.2009 10:19
Post #7

Advanced Member I

I like System Mechanic. I know there are free tools. There are also free antivirus programs. So you are not going to fix the problem? Kaspersky is just going to say use a free tool?

What kind of antivirus is that?

This post has been edited by MichelleP: 5.11.2009 10:23

+Quote Post
massalama
post 5.11.2009 10:44
Post #8

Posting guru

QUOTE(MichelleP @ 5.11.2009 07:19) *
I like System Mechanic. I know there are free tools. There are also free antivirus programs. So you are not going to fix the problem? Kaspersky is just going to say use a free tool?

What kind of antivirus is that?

hello michelle,

if you are sure about this file because you downloaded it from iolo directly, try to install it like administrator. (before erase all the rules previously created by kaspersky so you re-create news and the temporary files from old installation task). when kav says alert you can put all the exe from iolo (also temp file) in trusted application and exclusion. in case kaspersky put something in quarantine, you can also go there and select this file and moving it to trusted and exclusion. if this not work, go on kaspersky configuration and move all the file of iolo from untrusted/restricted to trusted. at least it must work.

regards

This post has been edited by massalama: 5.11.2009 10:45

--------------------
Windows 8 Enterprise x64 / Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 15.0.1.415 en/ Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 MR2 beta testing
Postare un log GSI
| Guide e Link utili | Download Ultime Versioni | Assistenza Clienti | Supporto ai Prodotti | Firefox 24.8.0 ESR

+Quote Post
MichelleP
post 5.11.2009 10:46
Post #9

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(massalama @ 5.11.2009 09:44) *
hello michelle,

if you are sure about this file because you downloaded it from iolo directly, try to install it like administrator. (before erase all the rules previously created by kaspersky so you re-create news and the temporary files from old installation task). when kav says alert you can put all the exe from iolo (also temp file) in trusted application and exclusion. in case kaspersky put something in quarantine, you can also go there and select this file and moving it to trusted and exclusion. if this not work, go on kaspersky configuration and move all the file of iolo from untrusted/restricted to trusted. at least it must work.

regards

Kaspersky should fix the false positive if they are as really good as they say they are. I just sent the file to Kaspersky. Could someone please delete the attachment in this post? Thank you.

This post has been edited by MichelleP: 5.11.2009 10:57

+Quote Post
MichelleP
post 6.11.2009 04:34
Post #10

Advanced Member I

This issue isn't fixed yet? When I used AOL Activeshield and there was a false positive the issue was fixed on the next virus definition update. Kaspersky get with the program!

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 6.11.2009 04:53
Post #11

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators
From: currently: falling out of a kayak in the middle of the Mediterranean, near Kekova Island, Turkey

QUOTE(MichelleP)
flagging the new System Mechanic 9.05 as a trojan. ...

First, please review what Don posted for you.

2) I don't see any "trojan" detection in your screenshot. I see something about "legal software that can be used..."

3) False positives should be sent to the Lab, but this does not qualify, because it is being detected as "legal software that can be used..."

4) Have you tried in not Automatic mode? Try Interactive mode: Settings > uncheck Select action automatically > ok.

5) Did you try what massalama suggested? Try in Interactive mode.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
MichelleP
post 6.11.2009 04:55
Post #12

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(richbuff @ 6.11.2009 03:53) *
First, please review what Don posted for you.

2) I don't see any "trojan" detection in your screenshot. I see something about "legal software that can be used..."

3) False positives should be sent to the Lab, but this does not qualify, because it is being detected as "legal software that can be used..."

4) Have you tried in not Automatic mode? Try Interactive mode: Settings > uncheck Select action automatically > ok.

It is a false positive. I already sent the file to Kaspersky.

Mechanic, but Kaspersky won't let me because it is quarantining the file.
> Thank you.
> Michelle
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <newvirus@kaspersky.com>
> To: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 2:58 AM
> Subject: RE: Quarantined object [KLAN-49895281]
> Hello,
> systemmechanic.temp
> No malicious code was found in this file.
> > This file will be sent to Kaspersky Lab for analysis.
> Best regards, Sergey Prokudin
> Virus analyst, Kaspersky Lab.
--
Best regards, Sergey Prokudin
Virus analyst, Kaspersky Lab.
e-mail: newvirus@kaspersky.com

10/1, 1st Volokolamsky Proezd, Moscow, 123060, Russia
Tel./Fax: + 7 (495) 797 8700

It is a false positive. Now fix the problem please.

Hello,

Problem will be fixed asap.

That was the last e-mail. Now fix the problem! I payed for System Mechanic. It would be different if it were free and it's not. They charge just like an antivirus company does, yearly.

edit: del email.

This post has been edited by richbuff: 6.11.2009 08:25

+Quote Post
lapalm
post 6.11.2009 07:03
Post #13

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(MichelleP @ 5.11.2009 20:55) *
It is a false positive. I already sent the file to Kaspersky...

kis flagged my latest Mech download, butt apparently did'nt stop it. After pausing kis-I was scared smile.gif & a reboot, the mech appears ok. oH, mech also went from yellow to green (Trusted) since i last looked. I suspect they got a Digital Signature. But i really don't know. Btw, Windows 7 Advisor says SM ok , kis 8 (my version , .437? not)

+Quote Post
MichelleP
post 6.11.2009 08:14
Post #14

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(lapalm @ 6.11.2009 06:03) *
kis flagged my latest Mech download, butt apparently did'nt stop it. After pausing kis-I was scared smile.gif & a reboot, the mech appears ok. oH, mech also went from yellow to green (Trusted) since i last looked. I suspect they got a Digital Signature. But i really don't know. Btw, Windows 7 Advisor says SM ok , kis 8 (my version , .437? not)

Kaspersky took my whole System Mechanic. I can't run it. Now how long does something like this take to be fixed? A couple years ago a false positive was fixed on the next definition update not the next program release!

+Quote Post
Sjoeii
post 6.11.2009 09:31
Post #15

Professional

QUOTE(MichelleP @ 6.11.2009 05:14) *
Kaspersky took my whole System Mechanic. I can't run it. Now how long does something like this take to be fixed? A couple years ago a false positive was fixed on the next definition update not the next program release!

This isn't just a update thing so it won't be fixed in a day.
But did you try these suggestions by Richbuff?

They will probably help you

--------------------

+Quote Post
MichelleP
post 6.11.2009 09:45
Post #16

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Sjoeii @ 6.11.2009 08:31) *
This isn't just a update thing so it won't be fixed in a day.
But did you try these suggestions by Richbuff?

They will probably help you

Kaspersky is causing the problem and Kaspersky said it will be fixed in the e-mail so it better be fixed! Yes, I tried still nothing. Kaspersky still quarantines the file! Fix the problem.

Edit: I had to add something to exclusions because Kaspersky won't fix the problem, but Kaspersky is supposed to be so good. It is a false positive. Kaspersky said the file is not malicious. Then what do you call it if not a false positive?

This post has been edited by MichelleP: 6.11.2009 09:52

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 6.11.2009 09:52
Post #17

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(MichelleP @ 6.11.2009 06:45) *
Kaspersky is causing the problem and Kaspersky said it will be fixed in the e-mail so it better be fixed! Yes, I tried still nothing. Kaspersky still quarantines the file! Fix the problem.

Calm down, look at the timestamp from the lab....this will not be instant, it's been fixed, but it will be the next time signatures are released that it will be included. When that happens you will need to reinstall SM.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.09.2014 14:05