Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> About scan encrypted connections
Sall
post 30.10.2009 10:57
Post #1

Kaspersky Fan I

Group: Gold beta testers

I forgot is this enabled by default in Kis or?

And do you recommend that it is enabled or disabled ?

reason is lately I have gotten some problems with my internet connection when I reboot my computer, suddenly web pages are loading slow and msn wont connect at all.

Then after rebooting a couple of times or shutting down the computer and starting up again, it works normal again. Very annoying this, and I wondered if Kis could have anything to do with this ? I use Kis 2009.

I went to settings and enabled the scan encrypted connections, then rebooted my computer, and when windows started up again I got a message from windows saying that Kis was trying to install a certificate, I said no to this cause I was unsure what it was and if it was safe.

I will try contact my internet provider later today to hear what they have to say about it. My computer is always turned on 24/7, so once the connection is fine things are good untill I reboot. Right now it runs as it should, but the next time I have to make a reboot it will probably give me the same slow connection again with msn not connecting.

This post has been edited by Sall: 30.10.2009 11:01

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 30.10.2009 11:14
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Scan encrypted connections is Off by default, that makes it the recommended setting, by definition. A search of Whizard's posts shows that he often provides lots of detailed information about this. End result is to turn it off, as is default.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Sall
post 30.10.2009 11:50
Post #3

Kaspersky Fan I

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(richbuff @ 30.10.2009 08:14) *
Scan encrypted connections is Off by default, that makes it the recommended setting, by definition. A search of Whizard's posts shows that he often provides lots of detailed information about this. End result is to turn it off, as is default.

Thx m8, I will leave it off then bf.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22.07.2014 21:27