IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error loading basegui.ppl, Access is denied
christinetardif
post 18.10.2009 00:22
Post #1

Group: Members

Everytime I attempt to disinfect my computer this RUNDLL message shows up that says "Error loading basegui.ppl- Access is denied" This stops all of my scans and attempts to disinfect. I bought this product because I was told that it would work. So far I am not impressed. I have been attempting to rid my laptop of viruses all day now. I have a Dell Latitude D600 laptop. Please help! I want the viruses gone!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 18.10.2009 02:53
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

Welcome. Additional procedure may be required if the malware was there first. smile.gif

Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334 Download AVZ from here: http://www.malwarecrawler.com/a-v-z.exe

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 18.10.2009 05:54
Post #3

Professional

Group: Moderators

Also are you running any custom skins?

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
EdG
post 23.10.2009 13:39
Post #4

Group: Members

Hello Everyone,

For several days now I do have the same problem on one of my computers running with XP SP2 and KIS2010.
Also, whenever this error occurs, it is invariably followed by an entire system crash.

First a KIS yellow warning appears about a "detected pdm.keylogger" then a system error shows that basegui.ppl cannot be loaded.
This "keylogger" has been detected several times by KIS but no other actions are done or offered.
I have tried to search this site on any advice regarding this issue but none of them seems to be applicable to my case.

Note: I assume it is NOT a malware because this error started to show up while my system was protected by an always up-to-date KIS2010.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19.04.2014 09:16