Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Activation Code - KASPERSKY Anti Virus 2010 [Merged], Code not in Download
savanah
post 28.09.2009 01:49
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello, I just purchased the Antivirus 2010 today.... (I have been having problems with my systems)! During my purchase, the page shut down prior to being able to print... I was able to log on and get to my account & invoice. However, the download link & the Activation Code were not there??? I just manually download the trial version........... how do I get the code?

Any and all suggestions would be great! Thank you!

P.s. I am new here... I wasn't sure where to post this!!!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TrueGreen
post 28.09.2009 03:23
Post #2

Kaspersky Fan II

You would need to contact support, probably of Digital River Element 5 or Kaspersky. Contact the one to which you can log onto would be my suggestion.

You should probably post a GSI report to see what is causing your computer problems. Instructions are here: Click Here. If using Vista, rt. click the tool you downloaded and select "run as admin".

After you do that you can always install a trial version (30 days, complete version) of KAV and activate as trial. When you get your activation code you can enter it into the program.

--------------------
Make sure you ACTIVATION CODE is listed and backed up in your My Kaspersky Account.

+Quote Post
savanah
post 28.09.2009 04:39
Post #3

QUOTE(TrueGreen @ 27.09.2009 17:23) *
You would need to contact support, probably of Digital River Element 5 or Kaspersky. Contact the one to which you can log onto would be my suggestion.

You should probably post a GSI report to see what is causing your computer problems. Instructions are here: Click Here. If using Vista, rt. click the tool you downloaded and select "run as admin".

After you do that you can always install a trial version (30 days, complete version) of KAV and activate as trial. When you get your activation code you can enter it into the program.

Hello, and thank you for your reply!

I am actually running the trial version now, it has been scanning for over 2.5 hours. Will the trial version remove the Virus that was found? Probably not??? I sent an email to tech support... hopefully they will get back to me by tomorrow!!! I am also, going to try your suggestion for the "GSI report" I have no idea what that is... however, I will follow your insturctions!
Again, Thank you!

+Quote Post
Dzhel
post 28.09.2009 04:58
Post #4

I just purchased KAV 2010 today also. I didn't have any connection problems but there was no product key in the order confirmation screen and no product key in the confirmation email (which took a couple hours to show up). I even took screenshots of the order confirmation page as I thought it was a bit strange there was no code. Even when I check my order status the serial number is blank.

I've sent an email to digital river about it but haven't gotten any response so far. Seems like they might be having some troubles today. Hopefully it'll get straightened out tomorrow.

If you need to contact them, the best link I've found so far is https://store.digitalriver.com/servlet/Cont...mp;Locale=en_US

+Quote Post
TrueGreen
post 28.09.2009 17:48
Post #5

Kaspersky Fan II

QUOTE(savanah @ 28.09.2009 03:39) *
Hello, and thank you for your reply!

I am actually running the trial version now, it has been scanning for over 2.5 hours. Will the trial version remove the Virus that was found? Probably not??? I sent an email to tech support... hopefully they will get back to me by tomorrow!!! I am also, going to try your suggestion for the "GSI report" I have no idea what that is... however, I will follow your insturctions!
Again, Thank you!

1. If there is a virus on your computer the trial WILL deal with it. In addition, (and I may be wrong here), if you computer is badly infected Kaspersky will probably not install. The trial is a complete product. The only difference is the license expires in 30 days.
2. If your scan is going for 2.5 hours you probably have conflicting programs on your computer. Please consider posting the GSI report noted above so we can help you make a smooth transition to Kaspersky.
3. Hopefully the issue with your activation code will be resolved shortly.

P.S. You intimate that a virus was found when scanning. It is possible that what you are seeing is really not a virus, but a Vulnerabilty, which is a program on your computer that needs to be updated. See this about Vulnerabilities: Click Here. It's something you'll need to become familiar with. Also, if you detect something you have questions about you can always post a screen print so we have a better idea of what is going on.

This post has been edited by TrueGreen: 28.09.2009 17:52

--------------------
Make sure you ACTIVATION CODE is listed and backed up in your My Kaspersky Account.

+Quote Post
savanah
post 30.09.2009 04:11
Post #6

QUOTE(TrueGreen @ 27.09.2009 17:23) *

Hello... I have installed & activated the full registered program.... I am infected on both systems.... I have downloaded the software for the GSI... did the report uploaded it????? I have no idea what I am doing! Please help!!! Thank you!!!! I am really worried!

+Quote Post
TrueGreen
post 30.09.2009 04:32
Post #7

Kaspersky Fan II

Your GSI report didn't upload. You should have a .txt file on your desktop that was generated by the GSI tool. Upload it to this site: Click Here. Click on "Browse" to locate the file on your desktop and click on the file. It will appear in that window. The click on "Submit". Once you have successfully uploaded the file copy/paste the url shown to your next post.

As to being infected. Did you read the reference on Vulnerabilities (Post #5)?

Also, you could post a screenprint of what you are seeing that you think are infections. To post a screen print
PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

If you are truly infected a Moderator will help you.

This post has been edited by TrueGreen: 30.09.2009 04:33

--------------------

+Quote Post
savanah
post 30.09.2009 04:54
Post #8

[quote name='TrueGreen' date='29.09.2009 18:32' post='1105406']
Your GSI report didn't upload. You should have a .txt file on your desktop that was generated by the GSI tool. Upload it to this site: Click Here. Click on "Browse" to locate the file on your desktop and click on the file. It will appear in that window. The click on "Submit". Once you have successfully uploaded the file copy/paste the url shown to your next post.

As to being infected. Did you read the reference on Vulnerabilities (Post #5)?

Also, you could post a screenprint of what you are seeing that you think are infections. To post a screen print

If you are truly infected a Moderator will help you.

The zip file is on my desktop - is that was I need to upload? thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Is this it?
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...c91763&ms=0

This post has been edited by savanah: 30.09.2009 05:00

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 30.09.2009 05:10
Post #9

Professional

Group: Moderators

Please use GSI Parser v4.0 smile.gif

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
savanah
post 30.09.2009 05:44
Post #10

[quote name='Whizard' date='29.09.2009 19:10' post='1105417']
Please use GSI Parser v4.0 smile.gif
[/quote

Is there a link? Or, where would I find that????? I am sorry... I am really lost! I have been dealing with this since last weekend! I am really starting to feeling useless!
thank you

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 30.09.2009 05:48
Post #11

Professional

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/download/GetSystemInfo.exe

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
savanah
post 30.09.2009 06:02
Post #12

QUOTE(Whizard @ 29.09.2009 19:48) *

ok... done... downloaded into a zip file! what and where do I post it... I tried to post/upload to a site that I was directed to.... but, I am lost after that!

+Quote Post
savanah
post 30.09.2009 16:43
Post #13

QUOTE(savanah @ 29.09.2009 20:02) *
ok... done... downloaded into a zip file! what and where do I post it... I tried to post/upload to a site that I was directed to.... but, I am lost after that!

Hello... where & what do I do with this file now???? Please advise? Thanks!

+Quote Post
TrueGreen
post 30.09.2009 17:09
Post #14

Kaspersky Fan II

Your GSI report from post #8 came in loud and clear and you've got some work to do:
1. From Add/Remove uninstall Spysweeper, Spysweeper Core (may be part of Spysweeper), Ask Toolbar, and Malwarebyte's Antimalware (MBAM). [You can re-install free version of MBAM later if you want]. Also uninstall Ad-Aware.
2. Under "Summary/Suspicious in your GSI scroll down to "Scanned Folders" and delete all 7 Folders listed there. If a folder or parts won't delete (warning sign about in use) download and install the free program UNLOCKER.
3. Disable Windows Defender correctly. See this: Click Here.
4. Download and install these two free tools and run them: CCleaner (Click Here and PowerTools Lite (Click Here).
5. Clean out temp files (I believe Vista has it's own tool for that--not sure about this, don't use Vista). You can also use search and for "file" type in (without quotes) "*.tmp". Again, you may need to use unlocker.
6. Download a fresh KIS installer from here: Click Here.
7. Disconnect from the internet and uninstall KIS via Add/Remove.
8. After restart Run CCleaner and PowerTools Lite again.
9. Defragment computer
10. Turn off computer and reconnect to internet. Then re-install KIS 2010 from fresh installer you just downloaded.
11. At this point let us know how you're doing. If still having problems post another GSI report after you've done all the above.
12. Re-install free MBAM if you want. See this first about red pop-up warning you may get: Click Here

P.S. Don't see any indication in GSI thay you are infected

This post has been edited by TrueGreen: 30.09.2009 17:11

--------------------

+Quote Post
savanah
post 30.09.2009 17:59
Post #15

QUOTE(TrueGreen @ 30.09.2009 07:09) *
Your GSI report from post #8 came in loud and clear and you've got some work to do:
1. From Add/Remove uninstall Spysweeper, Spysweeper Core (may be part of Spysweeper), Ask Toolbar, and Malwarebyte's Antimalware (MBAM). [You can re-install free version of MBAM later if you want]. Also uninstall Ad-Aware.
2. Under "Summary/Suspicious in your GSI scroll down to "Scanned Folders" and delete all 7 Folders listed there. If a folder or parts won't delete (warning sign about in use) download and install the free program UNLOCKER.
3. Disable Windows Defender correctly. See this: Click Here.
4. Download and install these two free tools and run them: CCleaner (Click Here and PowerTools Lite (Click Here).
5. Clean out temp files (I believe Vista has it's own tool for that--not sure about this, don't use Vista). You can also use search and for "file" type in (without quotes) "*.tmp". Again, you may need to use unlocker.
6. Download a fresh KIS installer from here: Click Here.
7. Disconnect from the internet and uninstall KIS via Add/Remove.
8. After restart Run CCleaner and PowerTools Lite again.
9. Defragment computer
10. Turn off computer and reconnect to internet. Then re-install KIS 2010 from fresh installer you just downloaded.
11. At this point let us know how you're doing. If still having problems post another GSI report after you've done all the above.
12. Re-install free MBAM if you want. See this first about red pop-up warning you may get: Click Here

P.S. Don't see any indication in GSI thay you are infected

Hello & Wow.... thank you!!!! So much!!!

I will get to work! wink.gif

+Quote Post
TrueGreen
post 30.09.2009 19:12
Post #16

Kaspersky Fan II

Have fun rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
savanah
post 1.10.2009 04:01
Post #17

QUOTE(TrueGreen @ 30.09.2009 09:12) *
Have fun rolleyes.gif

Ok... so frustrating!!!

Adaware, Spysweeper did uninstall, however, Spysweeper core (not found)?, Askbar/ Asktool bar, will not uninstall... and had to reinstall Malwarebytes to try to uninstall!

Was I supposed to re-upload the "Get System Info Folder" to the GSi Parser, to follow the Instructions 1. through 12? Well, I did this... I could not find the "folders" under 2.

Can I use the "Unlocker" to remove all of the above?

again... thank you!

+Quote Post
savanah
post 1.10.2009 05:39
Post #18

QUOTE(savanah @ 30.09.2009 18:01) *
Ok... so frustrating!!!

Adaware, Spysweeper did uninstall, however, Spysweeper core (not found)?, Askbar/ Asktool bar, will not uninstall... and had to reinstall Malwarebytes to try to uninstall!

Was I supposed to re-upload the "Get System Info Folder" to the GSi Parser, to follow the Instructions 1. through 12? Well, I did this... I could not find the "folders" under 2.

Can I use the "Unlocker" to remove all of the above?

again... thank you!

IS THE KIS -Kaspersky Internet Security? I was told to download a "fresh version" ??? I did not purchase that program. I only purchased the Kaspersky Anti-virus?

+Quote Post
savanah
post 1.10.2009 07:22
Post #19

Hello...

I am looking for the best (Protection) for my system! I purchase the Kaspersky Anti Virus... however, I was told to download KIS???? Done...
I was going to purchase "both programs" download both... after KIS was installed, I was unable to re-install Kaspersky Anti Virus??????

Any suggestions?????????? Thanks!!!

This post has been edited by savanah: 1.10.2009 07:24

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 1.10.2009 08:21
Post #20

Are You Kidding?

Please feel free to stick with KAV, as that is what you have already purchased, and it is a great product. Basically, KIS includes the Kaspersky Firewall, and some other items. The important point is: One is not "Better", the choice depends on which you prefer. Please see: http://www.kaspersky.com/in/compare

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31.10.2014 23:15