Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cannot do a Full Scan without my computer freezing [Merged]
bambooda
post 19.09.2009 19:15
Post #1

Group: Members

Good morning guys,

Every time that I try to do a full scan on with KSI 2010, my computer always ending up freezing after a while, and it seems that its always a different file that it freeze on...

Here my gsi report : http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...48891f&ms=0

I already disable Windows defender! Hopefully one step closer to fix it!!! I guess that I only have to be patient!!!

Can't wait to here from you guys and have a great day
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TrueGreen
post 19.09.2009 19:25
Post #2

Kaspersky Fan II

Welcome. Are you sure Windows Defender is truly disabled? I'm not familiar with Vista and can't advise the correct way to disable. Perhaps "google" for instructions. Otherwise your GSI looks pretty clean.

The only other things I can think of are:
1. Disable system restore and then re-enable if you use it.
2. Download, install and run these 2 free programs to clean out junk files and unneeded registry entries:
CCleaner (Click Here) and PowerTools Lite (Click Here).
3. I also believe that Vista has something to clean out temp files (not sure). If so use this as well.

As an aside, I would run a vulnerability scan. Some of your programs are not updated to the latest versions. (open KIS/Scan My Computer/Vulnerability Scan). You may want to read this on vulnerabilities (Click Here and (Click Here).

This post has been edited by TrueGreen: 19.09.2009 19:31

--------------------
Make sure you ACTIVATION CODE is listed and backed up in your My Kaspersky Account.

+Quote Post
Berny
post 19.09.2009 19:31
Post #3

Forum Elite

Group: Moderators

QUOTE(bambooda @ 19.09.2009 17:15) *
full scan on with KIS 2010

Hello,

Is this new install or did you upgrade from a previous version ?

Berny +++

resubmitted : Whoops ! please disregard and follow TrueGeen ;-)

This post has been edited by Berny: 19.09.2009 19:34

+Quote Post
Berny
post 19.09.2009 19:38
Post #4

Forum Elite

Are you sure Windows Defender is truly disabled? I'm not familiar with Vista and can't advise the correct way to disable.

http://forum.kasperskyclub.com/index.php?showtopic=5113

+Quote Post
bambooda
post 20.09.2009 00:08
Post #5

QUOTE(Berny @ 19.09.2009 09:31) *
Hello,

Is this new install or did you upgrade from a previous version ?

Berny +++

resubmitted : Whoops ! please disregard and follow TrueGeen ;-)

This a new install, was with AVG for the last 2 years... will try every suggestion here and will see what is going to happen!!!

Thanks guys!!!

+Quote Post
TrueGreen
post 20.09.2009 04:00
Post #6

Kaspersky Fan II

Your GSI doesn't show any AVG remnants. Just for sure you might want to run AVG removal tool again. See this about removing AVG (scroll to bottom): Click Here

--------------------
Make sure you ACTIVATION CODE is listed and backed up in your My Kaspersky Account.

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 20.09.2009 05:33
Post #7

Oldtimer

In addition to what TrueGreen and Berny have instructed: Please update your Windows Operating System. Install Vista SP2 with Kaspersky uninstalled, then re install Kaspersky when done.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
bambooda
post 21.09.2009 19:10
Post #8

Well thank you guys very much for trying to help me, but I'm still at the same point. I did everything you guys suggested, but nothing is working, it always freeze during full scan... and always on different files...

I don't know what to do, I will probably have to go back to AVG because this is getting really annoying. But I can be patient, if you guys have any more suggestion, go for it. I Keep creating a GSI file and there always the one for windows firewall... don't know it that could be the problem...

There my new URl : http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...6f383f&ms=0

Thank you for your time

+Quote Post
bambooda
post 22.09.2009 01:03
Post #9

Well, I did find something to get it work... removing the check mark on scanning the archive. But this is not a great solution. I don't know how bad it is to no scan these files...

Anyway, hopefully someone will be able to help me with this one. This is really beginning to be pain in the ass. It's almost insulting to buy a 80$ software that cause that much problem.

+Quote Post
lapalm
post 22.09.2009 05:30
Post #10

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(bambooda @ 21.09.2009 17:03) *
...Anyway, hopefully someone will be able to help me with this one. This is really beginning to be pain in the ass. It's almost insulting to buy a 80$ software that cause that much problem.

Two things to try. 1) Put a number sign (#) in front of '::1 localhost' & 2) Disable Winders Search from Services.msc.

+Quote Post
bambooda
post 22.09.2009 07:13
Post #11

QUOTE(lapalm @ 21.09.2009 19:30) *
Two things to try. 1) Put a number sign (#) in front of '::1 localhost' & 2) Disable Winders Search from Services.msc.

I'm sorry dude, but you kind of lost me here... if you are talking about my problem, can you be more specific

Thanks

+Quote Post
bambooda
post 25.09.2009 04:47
Post #12

Ok, I had to create a new topic because it seem that my old topic got forgotten... but that's ok!!!

My previous problem was that while doing a full scan, my computer would freeze on me always at different % and always on different file. Well, I received lots of good advice, updated my Vista to SP3, fix almost all the problem from GSI, but still it would keep freezing.

Then I did what the easy fix that everyone seem to do by removing the scan on Archives... and for sure, it did work.

But, there's my question... should I feel safe about this, oh yes, it did fix the freezing, but what is hiding behind the Archives??? And really, maybe I should get reimburse for a software that cannot do is job properly... When you pay 80$ for a software and you have to fight a problem on the first 7 days that you own it... you really wonder why you switch from one that always work... I don't know what I was thinking!!! Maybe because I like new stuff, 2 years with AVG, I thought that I could go see on the other side of the fence!!!

Anyway, I'm not trying to be an ass here, I just wondering about the Archives... is it just for the system restore? probably not, but I would like to know if I should worry and would love to know if in the past, with the same issue, was there a upgrade that fixed that problem?

Talk to you guys soon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21.04.2014 14:00