IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My computer crashed. How to reinstall?
Vorpulus
post 27.04.2006 17:19
Post #1

Group: Members

My computer crashed yesterday, so I lost Kaspersky Antivirus Personal. Does anyone know how I can reinstall it? I've received 3 e-mails from Kaspersky, and I can't find the License Key File in any. I can even log into my account on their website, and I still can't install. How ridiculous.

NB: If you plan on being one of those morons who tells me to search the forum, try finding a post where someone has been in the same situation as me, posted their problem, and has had it solved. Found one? Post it in here rather than wasting my time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 27.04.2006 17:23
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

Hello, what you are saying is that you've lost your key file or do you have problems installing (installer crashing etc.)?
Did you try to request a new keyfile here?
http://www.kaspersky.com/helpdesk

This post has been edited by lucianbara: 27.04.2006 17:24

+Quote Post
Vorpulus
post 27.04.2006 17:29
Post #3

QUOTE(lucianbara @ Apr 27 2006, 12:23 PM)
Hello, what you are saying is that you've lost your key file or do you have problems installing (installer crashing etc.)?
Did you try to request a new keyfile here?
http://www.kaspersky.com/helpdesk

I have to request a new keyfile... From one of their workers? Surely this should all be automatic.

Thanks lucianbara, I'll give it a shot.

+Quote Post
Vorpulus
post 27.04.2006 17:31
Post #4

BTW, I ordered KAVP online. I don't even remember having a license key file.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 27.04.2006 17:36
Post #5

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(Vorpulus @ Apr 27 2006, 02:31 PM)
BTW, I ordered KAVP online. I don't even remember having a license key file.

Thats because it was included in the installer, you can request a new key here:http://www.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html. They will need your ordernumber or at the very least the info you provided when buying, save the key to a cd or floppy when you receive it.

Next time you need help, it is probably a good idea not to start by calling those you need help "Morons" btw.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vorpulus
post 27.04.2006 18:31
Post #6

Yes, good idea Don.

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ Apr 27 2006, 12:36 PM)
Next time you need help, it is probably a good idea not to start by calling those you need help "Morons" btw.

First of all, I'm not calling those whose help I need morons.

Second of all, I knew someone would come back with this response, so I'll explain why I wrote it. You would not believe how many times I have searched forums in the past for a problem, found a thread where someone has the same or a very similar problem, and some idiot posts "Google it" or "Search the forum". Little does this person realise that all he is doing is making it more difficult for people searching for that problem to find the solution I need thus making it more likely I will have to start a fresh topic. My comment was directed towards these kinds of people, in case they do exist on this forum. Frankly, why do they exist at all?

When the population gets to large, they should be the first to go...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.10.2014 12:41