Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KIS 2010 doesn't update auotmatically for me
Firestorm70
post 21.07.2009 05:36
Post #1

Advanced Member III

Group: Members

After turning my computer on after being away from it for many hours KIS 2010 doesn't seem to update itself automatically I now have to manually update it. It only updates
itself afterwords while I'm using the computer.

On KIS 2009 if lets say I was away from the computer for 10 hours and then turned my computer on, KIS 2009 would update itself as soon as I turned the computer on
but not on KIS 2010. One time I was away for a couple of days and hadn't updated KIS so the database was obsolete I again had to "manually" fix this where on KIS 2009
it would have "immediately" updated itself automatically.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 21.07.2009 06:44
Post #2

Oldtimer

Group: Moderators

...It only updates itself afterwords while I'm using the computer. ...
Does it take about ten minutes for it to update, after you start?

If not ten minutes, how long does it take, when set on default automatic update?

This post has been edited by richbuff: 21.07.2009 06:47

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Firestorm70
post 21.07.2009 07:04
Post #3

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(richbuff @ 20.07.2009 22:44) *
Does it take about ten minutes for it to update, after you start?

If not ten minutes, how long does it take, when set on default automatic update?

Hey richbuff. No it takes maybe a half hour to update after I turn the computer on even when it shows the last update
was from 6 hours ago if I was away that long. Shouldn't it update immediately especially if I haven't updated in a couple of days
and the database is obsolete? it did with KIS 2009. I think I might have fixed the problem I have it set to automatic like before but changed the update frequency
to hours and to run every hour. I'll see if that works but then again it might not since these changes are used on a schedule which I don't use.

This post has been edited by Firestorm70: 21.07.2009 07:13

+Quote Post
sdalgl72
post 21.07.2009 07:36
Post #4

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(Firestorm70 @ 21.07.2009 04:04) *
Hey richbuff. No it takes maybe a half hour to update after I turn the computer on even when it shows the last update
was from 6 hours ago if I was away that long. Shouldn't it update immediately especially if I haven't updated in a couple of days
and the database is obsolete? it did with KIS 2009. I think I might have fixed the problem I have it set to automatic like before but changed the update frequency
to hours and to run every hour. I'll see if that works but then again it might not since these changes are used on a schedule which I don't use.

Automatic would be fine. KIS 2010 has a feature that means it waits between 15 minutes to half an hour after boot up to check for updates so that it doesn't slow down your system by trying to download and install an update on boot. With KIS's heuristics and HIPs you should be fine with the delay.

+Quote Post
Firestorm70
post 21.07.2009 07:44
Post #5

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(sdalgl72 @ 20.07.2009 23:36) *
Automatic would be fine. KIS 2010 has a feature that means it waits between 15 minutes to half an hour after boot up to check for updates so that it doesn't slow down your system by trying to download and install an update on boot. With KIS's heuristics and HIPs you should be fine with the delay.

I didn't no that I guess that explains it but I don't like how it doesn't immediately update itself if the database is obsolete. Thanks for the answer appreciate it.

+Quote Post
sdalgl72
post 21.07.2009 07:54
Post #6

Advanced Member I

No problem just out of interest is your computer a desktop or a laptop? If it is a laptop there is another reason why it hasn't update as well. If you settings>options>uncheck disable schedule scans on battery power>ok>ok.

KIS includes updates in that option now if your running off the battery it will still update. It for some reason includes updates in that option.

This post has been edited by sdalgl72: 21.07.2009 07:54

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24.07.2014 20:57