IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Disinfection is not possible, Reason: write not supported, Unable to disinfect Trojan.JS.Pakes.bg
PasCalUSA
post 31.05.2009 00:06
Post #1

Group: Members

I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 ver 8.0.0.454. Databases were updated this morning. OS is XP Professional SP 3. Running the virus scan, I receive an alarm for Trojan.JS.Pakes.bg. This began about 7 days ago. The window says "Disinfection is not possible, Reason: write not supported". I tried scanning/disinfecting in Safe Mode and received the same message. So, my options are "Delete archive" or "Skip". What does "Delete archive" mean? Can I safely do that? What will it delete? What are the implications of doing so? Alternately, can I just use Windows Explorer to delete the infected file? How risky is it to "Skip" and leave the trojan in place? The file information is:
"c:\documents and settings\"user name"\local settings\temporary internet files\content.ie5\utb0tc7q\asterouste[1]"
Size 9.5 KB
Created 5/23/2009 2:22:58 PM
Modified 5/30/2009 10:08:24 AM.
Any suggestions or help much appreciated. Thank you.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adi_bun
post 31.05.2009 00:14
Post #2

Advanced Member II

QUOTE(PasCalUSA @ 30.05.2009 23:06) *
I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 ver 8.0.0.454. Databases were updated this morning. OS is XP Professional SP 3. Running the virus scan, I receive an alarm for Trojan.JS.Pakes.bg. This began about 7 days ago. The window says "Disinfection is not possible, Reason: write not supported". I tried scanning/disinfecting in Safe Mode and received the same message. So, my options are "Delete archive" or "Skip". What does "Delete archive" mean? Can I safely do that? What will it delete? What are the implications of doing so? Alternately, can I just use Windows Explorer to delete the infected file? How risky is it to "Skip" and leave the trojan in place? The file information is:
"c:\documents and settings\"user name"\local settings\temporary internet files\content.ie5\utb0tc7q\asterouste[1]"
Size 9.5 KB
Created 5/23/2009 2:22:58 PM
Modified 5/30/2009 10:08:24 AM.
Any suggestions or help much appreciated. Thank you.

Yes , you can delete it manually , or delete browser`s cache , or use ccleaner http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

--------------------
" I love you so bad ... in fact I only feel bad "

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 31.05.2009 00:17
Post #3

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

hello
just use delete archive. the file is packed and inside an archive, kis can only unpack specific archive types, not modify them, so the only option is to delete the whole archive. nothing will happen if you do this in this case, the file will be deleted, that's all.

+Quote Post
PasCalUSA
post 31.05.2009 05:15
Post #4

QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 30.05.2009 13:17) *
hello
just use delete archive. the file is packed and inside an archive, kis can only unpack specific archive types, not modify them, so the only option is to delete the whole archive. nothing will happen if you do this in this case, the file will be deleted, that's all.

Ok, I did delete archive and all appears well. Thanks much for your help.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18.09.2014 15:42