IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cannot run a "Full Scan.", Incorrect user name or password
Paul F
post 22.03.2009 18:31
Post #1

Group: Members

I'm unable to run a "Full Scan," either scheduled or manually, I get an error message saying "Incorrect user name or password."
I'm able to run a "Quick Scan" manually.
I'm able to run a "Scan" manually, in fact I have one running now!
Needless to say I would like to run my scheduled "Full Scans!"

I'm using KIS 2009, all definitions/databases are up-to-date.
I'm using Win XP Home, SP3, all security updates/patches are up-to-date.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?!

Thanks
Paul
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
XtaC
post 22.03.2009 18:41
Post #2

Advanced Member II

Group: KL USA

open kaspesrky > settings > full scan settings > run mode tab > clear information in area > run this task as > apply and OK

+Quote Post
Paul F
post 22.03.2009 19:02
Post #3

QUOTE(XtaC @ 22.03.2009 07:41) *
open kaspesrky > settings > full scan settings > run mode tab > clear information in area > run this task as > apply and OK

Thanks XtaC, but I'm not getting what you're saying regarding "Clear information in area" on the Run Mode Tab; clear what information?
I WANT to run the Full Scan on a schedule and NOT manually, the information in the area are my scheduled settings, but the "Password" field is blank, should I enter a password?

Thanks again
Paul

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 22.03.2009 19:28
Post #4

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

Open the full scan settings and under the runmode tab you uncheck "Run task as"..................thats what he's saying.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paul F
post 22.03.2009 19:29
Post #5

QUOTE(XtaC @ 22.03.2009 07:41) *

Okay XtaC, I got it; I unchecked the "Run Task As" box and now it's working again! ay.gif It's early here in SoCal and I'm not a morning person!!! b_lol1.gif

+Quote Post
tewill
post 22.03.2009 21:01
Post #6

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 22.03.2009 08:28) *
Open the full scan settings and under the runmode tab you uncheck "Run task as"..................thats what he's saying.

I'm having this same problem after upgrading to 8.0.0.506 CF2 via a clean install, except I'm seeing it both with running a scan and an update (it was working fine beforehand). Thing is, I *want* to have these tasks run with certain credentials, and have been doing so for years with previous versions of Kaspersky. So, I'd prefer to not uncheck "Run task as...". Is this a new bug with this version of KIS, or is there some new setting that's making it not work (I imported settings from the previous version of KIS 2009 I had installed, 8.0.0.454, so I literally made no setting changes)?

Thanks -

+Quote Post
Deluxe8520
post 23.03.2009 03:01
Post #7

Advanced Member I

QUOTE(tewill @ 22.03.2009 13:01) *
I'm having this same problem after upgrading to 8.0.0.506 CF2 via a clean install, except I'm seeing it both with running a scan and an update (it was working fine beforehand). Thing is, I *want* to have these tasks run with certain credentials, and have been doing so for years with previous versions of Kaspersky. So, I'd prefer to not uncheck "Run task as...". Is this a new bug with this version of KIS, or is there some new setting that's making it not work (I imported settings from the previous version of KIS 2009 I had installed, 8.0.0.454, so I literally made no setting changes)?

Thanks -

I asked this question a few months back since I also wanted to run scans with admin privileges. I was told it was a bug with this current version of Kaspersky. I would be pretty shocked if they fixed this bug. I think we will probably have to wait until the next version of KIS to be able to run as admin.

This post has been edited by Deluxe8520: 23.03.2009 03:03

+Quote Post
palla sredhar
post 9.07.2009 13:15
Post #8

QUOTE(Paul F @ 22.03.2009 17:31) *
I'm unable to run a "Full Scan," either scheduled or manually, I get an error message saying "Incorrect user name or password."
I'm able to run a "Quick Scan" manually.
I'm able to run a "Scan" manually, in fact I have one running now!
Needless to say I would like to run my scheduled "Full Scans!"

I'm using KIS 2009, all definitions/databases are up-to-date.
I'm using Win XP Home, SP3, all security updates/patches are up-to-date.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?!

Thanks
Paul

Wow! I am having the same problem since yesterday. I am using the Beta "cheat" for my KAV 2009 8.0.0.506. So I wondered that the "cheat" isn't working anymore. But to my surprise when i googled "kaspersky full scan incorrect username" the error, the first result is your post. Cool. I'm indebted to all the posters and solvers. Thanks ! b_punk.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31.10.2014 13:48