IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Network Agent silent install on remote network
The ByteGeek
post 14.03.2009 10:13
Post #1

Group: Members

I need to create a Network Agent silent install package for installation on a network which does not contain the administration server. (The server is co-located and serves several remote client sites.)

When I try to install a created package and the Admin server is not available, I still have to touch each machine to define the settings for the name/IPaddr of the remote admin server etc. I have remote management software in place on each machine that will run the install remotely, but it can't find the saved settings which I assume are stored in the database on the administration server.

Can anyone advise me on this? Any help will be appreciated.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
phr3n1c
post 14.03.2009 12:11
Post #2

Kaspersky Fan I

Hi ByteGeek and welcome to the forum,

just copy the folder \\<servername>\KLSHARE\packages\<networkagentfolder> to the machines and start "lsexec.exe /S" without the quotes. This will install the Network Agent in silent mode with the settings configured in the Administration Kit.

--------------------
Feldstudie.net

Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind...
Eve-Spieler sind für Nerds diejenigen Leute, die Nerds für normale Leute sind.

+Quote Post
The ByteGeek
post 15.03.2009 19:56
Post #3

QUOTE(phr3n1c @ 14.03.2009 11:11) *
Hi ByteGeek and welcome to the forum,

just copy the folder \\<servername>\KLSHARE\packages\<networkagentfolder> to the machines and start "lsexec.exe /S" without the quotes. This will install the Network Agent in silent mode with the settings configured in the Administration Kit.

Thanks for your reply. It triggered another thought and I set it up as a network share. Works fine, and thanks again.

+Quote Post
stelben
post 16.03.2009 15:34
Post #4

Another option is to use Winrar and create a selfextracting archive with the lsexec.exe /s command once it't unpacked.
Then you simply distribute the exe-file, either by loginscript och link in an e-mail to the users or whatever...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2.09.2014 00:58