Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kaspersky Blocking Realplayer Downloads
Medmann
post 27.02.2009 03:40
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello:

I just installed the latest Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 on Saturday & it immediately started blocking Realplayer downloads. I love to the download feature in the newest Realplayer & I use it to download Video clips off of youtube & really any Video from any source I want. How do I prevent Kaspersky from blocking the download feature on realplayer? It seems to also disable Realplayer also. If I reinstall realplayer, It will work for a short time until Kaspersky re-blocks it & kills it.

Any Ideas? I can't figure it out, I have tagged all the Real Video as a trusted site but that does not work.

I need help!

-Thanks-

Medmann
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Medmann
post 27.02.2009 20:57
Post #2

QUOTE(Medmann @ 26.02.2009 18:40) *
Hello:

I just installed the latest Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 on Saturday & it immediately started blocking Realplayer downloads. I love to the download feature in the newest Realplayer & I use it to download Video clips off of youtube & really any Video from any source I want. How do I prevent Kaspersky from blocking the download feature on realplayer? It seems to also disable Realplayer also. If I reinstall realplayer, It will work for a short time until Kaspersky re-blocks it & kills it.

Any Ideas? I can't figure it out, I have tagged all the Real Video as a trusted site but that does not work.

I need help!

-Thanks-

Medmann

+Quote Post
Medmann
post 27.02.2009 20:59
Post #3

Uh, Anybody? I really need help with this. Anybody else having trouble downlolading Realplayer Videos from Youtube?

+Quote Post
dawgg
post 27.02.2009 21:15
Post #4

Forum Elite

Group: Moderators

Settings>SystemSecurity>ApplicationFilter settings.... scroll down and locate RealPlayer or RealPlayer related programs if there are any in Low or High restricted groups. If its there, drag it to Trusted.

Does it work?

+Quote Post
flippypat
post 10.11.2012 12:15
Post #5

QUOTE(Medmann @ 26.02.2009 15:40) *
Hello:

I need help!

-Thanks-

Medmann

I installed Kaspersky in November 2012.
Then I installed Realplayer.
Near the end of the installation, it asks if I want to look at/try the pay version, Realplayer Pro.
I clicked x to exit installation, because the installtion looked as tho it was finished.
Actually, it wasn't finish installing.
I went to Youtube to download.
Normally, a little tab pops up when you hover the cursor over the video.
The little tab wasn't there when I hovered the cursor.
In Control Panel, I unintalled Realplayer.
Then I reinstalled Realplayer from the official Realplayer website.
Near the end of the installation, it asks if I want to look at/try
the pay version, Realplayer Pro.
The first time I installed Realplayer, I clicked x to exit installation at that point.
This time, I clicked ok to continue and see the Pro version.
THen it asked me if I would like to have the download feature for Realplyer or not.
I checked/enabled downloads there.
I went to youtube.
The little tab popped up when I hovered on the videos.
When I clicked it to download, the Realplayer downloader window appeared, but it didn't download.
It read "Unable to Download".
None of the videos would download.
I had about 3 bars on my interent speed connection icon on the botttom task bar of the desktop.
A few days later, I had over 4 bars, and I could download on Youtube.
---- flippypat

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1.08.2014 11:47