IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> KIS 2012: Activation Code Problem
Sk. Md. Maidul H...
post 6.10.2012 22:45
Post #1

Group: Members

I just bought a new KIS 2012 yesterday (Because KIS 2013's recent problems are not fixed yet). The product was sealed. Everything looked fine but when I entered the activation code it shows the license period: 341 days remaining (It's 340 days today). It should be 365 days. How its possible to reduce validity from a sealed product?

Also when I entered this activation code to my kaspersky account it shows the product as KIS 2011 !!! and " You have not used your activation code yet"

Is there anyone also facing the same kind of problem? Why my validity is reduced 24 days? I was using a trial version of KIS 2012 before I enter the activation code.

Screenshot attached.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  KIS.PNG ( 103.73K ) Number of downloads: 22
Attached File  KIS_1.PNG ( 26.58K ) Number of downloads: 27

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 6.10.2012 23:03
Post #2

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

I assume you didn't purchase via the official shop, what you describe is you a victim of a scam i'm afraid.

Anyway, why on earth did you purchase a new code.....2012 will install just fine with your existing code!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sk. Md. Maidul H...
post 7.10.2012 00:08
Post #3

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 7.10.2012 01:03) *
I assume you didn't purchase via the official shop, what you describe is you a victim of a scam i'm afraid.

Anyway, why on earth did you purchase a new code.....2012 will install just fine with your existing code!

Thank you for your reply.

Here is no official shop in our country, Bangladesh. However, distributor of Kaspersky (named "Officextracts") is available, (Website: www.officextracts.com). I bought their product.

I gifted my existing code (KIS 2013) to a friend because of the starting problem after update > reboot. Then I decided to use another antivirus product, But I missed Kaspersky as I'm using it from 2010 and didn't feel safe without it, So after your recommendation in another post I started using KIS 2012 trail version. Yesterday I bought a new KIS 2012 & facing the problem described in my previous post.

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 7.10.2012 00:10
Post #4

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

It's not normal and suggests someone has already activated the code before you did. There is certainly an official shop and it's here: http://www.kaspersky.com/store.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sk. Md. Maidul H...
post 7.10.2012 00:22
Post #5

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 7.10.2012 02:10) *
It's not normal and suggests someone has already activated the code before you did. There is certainly an official shop and it's here: http://www.kaspersky.com/store.

Yes I can understand the risk & I'm sure they are (seller) not going to refund my money. But what about the "my kaspersky account" ... I used this feature before & it showed me the correct activation & expiration date always. But in case of this code, it is showing "You have not used your activation code yet". If someone used it before then "my kaspersky account" should show the activation date. But its not showing any date. Is this a bug? What do you think?

+Quote Post
Sk. Md. Maidul H...
post 7.10.2012 18:04
Post #6

My problem is fixed. Seems like I bought a perfect new key and this was never used before (Screenshot attached). But may be because of some kind of bug, there is a problem with the validity. They didn't give me 365 days validity dash1.gif Kaspersky should fix those bugs asap.

This post has been edited by Sk. Md. Maidul Hossain: 7.10.2012 18:09
Attached File(s)
Attached File  new.PNG ( 17.27K ) Number of downloads: 16
Attached File  new_shot.PNG ( 130.27K ) Number of downloads: 16

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.04.2014 19:53