Unable to repair iCloud client in Windows 10 because Windows ask for some criptic msi package from the Kaspersky directory. [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

The screenshot is in German but I hope support can help. I wanted to repair my iCloud client but during the repair Windows ask for some criptic msi package from the Kaspersky directory. Thanks.

Hi! Thx for your prompt reply. The reason I want to repair the client is an error when I copy the path of a file on my PC I get an error from my iCloud client that it lost connection with my iCloud directories. Searching for *iCloud64.msi does not return any results.

Hello Aq777, Was iCloud working before KIS patch f? Are there any errors being captured in KIS reports - for iCloud? Have you tried:
  1. Uninstall iCloud
  2. Reboot
  3. Reinstall iCloud
  4. Is one of the images representing "error iCloud client, lost connection with iCloud directories", posted above, if not would you please be kind and include that image as well please?
Many thanks!

iCloud was working for years on my PC. I don't know about patch f, but this error started recently(a week ago?). No error is shown under KIS reports. I just don't understand how my iCloud installation relates to KIS. Why the iCloud installer requires msi packages from KIS? Can I solved this problem without reinstalling the KIS client?

• Solution
Hallo aq777, Du hast in KIS sicher die Option "Update von Programmen" aktiviert. Damit lädt KIS das Update für die Programme herunter, speichert es in dem genannten Ordner "..\download_storage" und führt es aus. Daher der Bezug zu KIS. KIS brauchst Du nicht neu installieren, iCloud wahrscheinlich schon. You have surely activated the option "Software updater" in KIS. KIS downloads the update for the programs, saves it in the mentioned folder "..\download_storage" and executes it. Hence the reference to KIS. You do not need to reinstall KIS, only iCloud.

Hi guys, thanks for all the suggestions I have uninstalled and reinstalled iCloud. Before uninstalling it I had to log out from the iCloud client. Unfortunately this step deletes all my locally stored files, so after the reinstallation I have to resync everything. This will take a day for I have large amount of data. While KIS is my favorite anti-virus software I am disappointed this bug slipped through Kaspersky's quality management.

Sorry, I don't think it should be my responsibility to file a bug report. I have already spent too much time to analyze and solve this problem. Every information is included in my post.

• 5 months later...