IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Difference Between Anti Virus and Internet Suite?, Question
PackersJD
post 24.02.2007 12:49
Post #1

Group: Members

I am pretty sure that my laptop is infested with virus's and spyware. It is running slow and funny things are happening. I have done some research and think Kaspersky is the best out there. However I am confused at the difference between the antivirus and the internet suite. Is the internet suite the same antivirus program with more internet security or is the antivirus program different between the two? Also any suggestions on what would be the best to purchase. I like the idea of the internet security...but definitly want all the virus's out of my computer.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

J.D.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sjoeii
post 24.02.2007 12:54
Post #2

Professional

Group: Gold beta testers

QUOTE(PackersJD @ 24.02.2007 10:49)
I am pretty sure that my laptop is infested with virus's and spyware.  It is running slow and funny things are happening.  I have done some research and think Kaspersky is the best out there.  However I am confused at the difference between the antivirus and the internet suite.  Is the internet suite the same antivirus program with more internet security or is the antivirus program different between the two?  Also any suggestions on what would be the best to purchase.  I like the idea of the internet security...but definitly want all the virus's out of my computer. 

J.D.

Welcome
Kaspersky is the best around indeed.
Here you can find the differences. http://www.kaspersky.com/compare

KIS offers you more and the security around

--------------------

+Quote Post
ibok
post 24.02.2007 13:00
Post #3

Kaspersky Fan II

QUOTE(PackersJD @ 24.02.2007 11:49)
I am pretty sure that my laptop is infested with virus's and spyware.  It is running slow and funny things are happening.  I have done some research and think Kaspersky is the best out there.  However I am confused at the difference between the antivirus and the internet suite.  Is the internet suite the same antivirus program with more internet security or is the antivirus program different between the two?  Also any suggestions on what would be the best to purchase.  I like the idea of the internet security...but definitly want all the virus's out of my computer. 

J.D.

Hello and welcome!!!
I don't know if yr laptop is infected ( and what antivirus are you running in yr laptop??)
Now about the differences between the KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security) and KAV (Kaspersky Antivirus) the only difference is that KIS has a Firewall named Antihacker.But KAV hasnot a firewall.So in KAV you must install a Firewall.
My Opinion about the BEST and ONLY MY OPINION is that KIS is BETTER
Regards

--------------------
“Kill a man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god.”
Jean Rostand (1894 - 1977)

+Quote Post
PackersJD
post 24.02.2007 13:04
Post #4

Thanks, I don't have any type of antivirus on my laptop...I am sure I have a virus because two days ago my laptop had another log in name...called admenistrator...spelled that exact way. It was password protected. I tried deleting it and it would come back within an hour. I have since just shut my laptop off. I was getting my internet mainly through a free wifi spot around my house and am sure that is where it came from. But I am now getting the internet in my house and want to be protected. Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to go with the KIS...just to be better protected with the firewall. Thank you.

+Quote Post
ibok
post 24.02.2007 13:14
Post #5

Kaspersky Fan II

QUOTE(PackersJD @ 24.02.2007 12:04)
Thanks, I don't have any type of antivirus on my laptop...I am sure I have a virus because two days ago my laptop had another log in name...called admenistrator...spelled that exact way.  It was password protected.  I tried deleting it and it would come back within an hour.  I have since just shut my laptop off.  I was getting my internet mainly through a free wifi spot around my house and am sure that is where it came from.  But I am now getting the internet in my house and want to be protected.  Thanks for the advice.  I think I am going to go with the KIS...just to be better protected with the firewall.  Thank you.

Try with yr laptop to make a free virus scan here : http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
or here : http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/d...kavwebscan.html
or here : http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus

This post has been edited by ibok: 24.02.2007 13:17

--------------------
“Kill a man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god.”
Jean Rostand (1894 - 1977)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23.10.2014 15:42