IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Database Corrupted after System Restore
Terry11
post 26.11.2009 06:13
Post #1

Group: Members

For the last several days my Vista Home Premium system has become very slow and I could not discover why. So I decided to use the standard System Restore to return to a Checkpoint taken 5 days ago. Now I get messages from Kaspersky 2010 Internet Security saying database corrupted and I should update. Every update attempt fails and it suggests a roll back of the database but that does not work either. Should I just completely uninstall the system and then reinstall? I had purchased 2009 and installed it in October, then took the 2010 update when prompted to by the 2009 version.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richbuff
post 26.11.2009 06:29
Post #2

Are You Kidding?

Group: Moderators
From: currently: falling out of a kayak in the middle of the Mediterranean, near Kekova Island, Turkey

Welcome. Please do a Repair install Kaspersky, that option is shown in Windows Control Panel > Programs and features. If still no go, uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > re install Kaspersky.

--------------------
Please see the Important topics, located at the top of this section, and at the top of other sections of this forum.

+Quote Post
Terry11
post 26.11.2009 09:18
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(richbuff @ 25.11.2009 18:29) *
Welcome. Please do a Repair install Kaspersky, that option is shown in Windows Control Panel > Programs and features. If still no go, uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > re install Kaspersky.

The Repair you suggested has worked great and Kaspersky is now in good shape.

I have also solved my Vista slowness problem! As I was preparing to do a Shutdown I saw a prompt that there were Vista updates ready to be installed. So I took those, it was a set of 4 updates that took a very long time to be installed but now all is fine with that also!

Thank you very much for your prompt and accurate response.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20.09.2014 03:54