IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> why is there 2 license numbers?, I renew license 2 days earlier before old one expire and now I have
DraganK.
post 23.03.2010 15:38
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello!

Today I finaly got and pay my Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 CD box from local vendor in my country and I just need to renew licence from KIS 2009. I downloaded the KIS update kis9.00.736en and installated it.
Installation went fine, and after I reboot my computer there was KIS 2010 inteface (and 2 days remaining period of my licence). Then I wrote serial number from the CD box of KIS 2010 and licence period was 367 days remaining, like it should be.
Now the questions: Why, when I click Support there was 2 licence numbers and not just one (first one is Active licence with expiration date in just 2 days, and second one is additional license with expiration date in 367 days)?
Why, when I click License opens License manager and there is 2 license numbers. One is Active license (2 days remaining) and other is Additional license (367 days remainig) but with the red cross next to the license number? Does it means, that is something wrong with my new license, because when I open KIS 2010 program in the interface is writen next to License: 367 days remaining?
I hope everything is alright, but this red cross in the License manager under Additional license number still confuses me?!
Maybe somebody will find this questions stupid, but I`m no expert in Anti virus programs and licensing products and I`m asking this just to be sure everything is OK and if is not what is solution to problem.
Thanks for answers and good bye!
Dragan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Berny
post 23.03.2010 15:59
Post #2

Forum Elite

Group: Moderators

QUOTE(DraganK. @ 23.03.2010 12:38) *
but with the red cross next to the license number? Does it means, that is something wrong with my new license

Hello,

The red cross doesnot mean that there is something wrong.
With this red cross you can delete the licence that has reached the validity period...

This post has been edited by Berny: 23.03.2010 16:01

+Quote Post
DraganK.
post 23.03.2010 20:37
Post #3

So if I understand correctly, after Active license now expire in 2 days, that Additional licence (with 367 days remaining) which have red cross next to the license number, will start to be active.
But if I delete this licence, I will lose my licence which has expiration date 25.3.2011.
Sorry, but I`m still confused.
Now one simple question:
What will happen, when my old license reaches Expiration date: 25.3.2010 (in 2 days), will the new license which I wrote and install today (and is called Additional license in License manager and have Expiration date: 25.3.2011) be active 1 more year?
And what about Windows defender, is it good or bad to have Windows defender ON, while I already have installated KIS 2010 on my computer?

Thanks for answers!
Dragan

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 23.03.2010 20:45
Post #4

ICT Consultant

Group: Gold beta testers

no, the old licence will be automatically removed when it expires and the new licence number will be the only one displayed.

Windows Defender should be turned off, it causes problems with system stability when enabled alongside KIS or KAV.

This post has been edited by antikythera: 23.03.2010 20:45

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post
DraganK.
post 24.03.2010 01:12
Post #5

What kind of problems with system stability and sorry for bothering where I turn off Windows Defender in Vista?
I also notice in KIS 2010 under the Settings new thing Gaming profile, is it my computer still safe from viruses when I play or browsing online if Gaming profile is enabled?

+Quote Post
dh27564
post 24.03.2010 01:25
Post #6

Posting guru

QUOTE(DraganK. @ 23.03.2010 17:12) *
What kind of problems with system stability and sorry for bothering where I turn off Windows Defender in Vista?
I also notice in KIS 2010 under the Settings new thing Gaming profile, is it my computer still safe from viruses when I play or browsing online if Gaming profile is enabled?

Disable Windows Defender, See this: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/02/22/h...ender-in-vista/

You are still protected with Gaming Profile enabled.

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 24.03.2010 02:15
Post #7

ICT Consultant

system stability problems include sluggish performance, lockups, and in some instances BSOD messages. hence the need to turn defender off. also, as KIS contains more powerful protection against malware including much more frequent database signature updates and heuristics there really is no need to have defender enabled as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
biyahero
post 24.03.2010 03:21
Post #8

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(DraganK. @ 23.03.2010 21:38) *
Hello!

Today I finaly got and pay my Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 CD box from local vendor in my country and I just need to renew licence from KIS 2009. I downloaded the KIS update kis9.00.736en and installated it.
Installation went fine, and after I reboot my computer there was KIS 2010 inteface (and 2 days remaining period of my licence). Then I wrote serial number from the CD box of KIS 2010 and licence period was 367 days remaining, like it should be.
Now the questions: Why, when I click Support there was 2 licence numbers and not just one (first one is Active licence with expiration date in just 2 days, and second one is additional license with expiration date in 367 days)?
Why, when I click License opens License manager and there is 2 license numbers. One is Active license (2 days remaining) and other is Additional license (367 days remainig) but with the red cross next to the license number? Does it means, that is something wrong with my new license, because when I open KIS 2010 program in the interface is writen next to License: 367 days remaining?
I hope everything is alright, but this red cross in the License manager under Additional license number still confuses me?!
Maybe somebody will find this questions stupid, but I`m no expert in Anti virus programs and licensing products and I`m asking this just to be sure everything is OK and if is not what is solution to problem.
Thanks for answers and good bye!
Dragan

Thanks for posting that! I always thought that if you entered a new license number you would lose the time that was left on the old one, so I have been letting the old one actually expire before entering the Activation Code for my new license to avoid losing time. Now from your experience I see that this is not necessary.

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 24.03.2010 03:43
Post #9

ICT Consultant

QUOTE(biyahero @ 23.03.2010 23:21) *
Thanks for posting that! I always thought that if you entered a new license number you would lose the time that was left on the old one, so I have been letting the old one actually expire before entering the Activation Code for my new license to avoid losing time. Now from your experience I see that this is not necessary.

this only works if you add the new licence after there is less than 14 days left on the old one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DraganK.
post 24.03.2010 16:42
Post #10

Thank you all for answering my questions (Berny, antikythera, dh27564) and for that link, I found it very usefull, because I`m no computer expert and there is a lot of usefull things!

Thanks again and bye! bs.gif
Dragan

+Quote Post
biyahero
post 24.03.2010 17:25
Post #11

Advanced Member III

QUOTE(antikythera @ 24.03.2010 09:43) *
this only works if you add the new licence after there is less than 14 days left on the old one.

Thanks for clarifying that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1.08.2014 17:53