> Rescue Disk update question
TrDo
post 3.03.2010 10:28
Post #1

Advanced Member I

Group: Members

Hi everyone,

Nice to be here.

Altough the procedure to create a rescue CD is quite simple, still I cannot make it work. First of all I can't download the image from Kaspersky server. KIS gives me an access error.

Anyway I followed the instructions given here http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1282207. I managed to download the image, copied it to the Rdisc folder, but when I click the Create rescue CD, KIS does not seem to recognize the iso image, thus giving me the options to either Copy from a Local Network or Download the image from the server.

I have also tried to use the option to Copy from a Local Network, since I have the image on my HD. But when I choose this option, KIS gives me an access denied error.

While I tried all of the above Self defence was disabled.

In any case, I just burned the image to a CD. But it's an outdated image and would like to update it.

I would appreciate your help, since this looks a rather simple thing to do and it's quite strange that is not happening.

Thanks very much in advance.

TrDo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RaytheBear
post 3.03.2010 12:02
Post #2

Kaspersky Fan I

Hi,
You can try reading information from the post below, some of them seemed to have solved this problem:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...mp;hl=Rescue+cd

Good luck
Ray

+Quote Post
TrDo
post 3.03.2010 12:31
Post #3

Advanced Member I

Thanks my Canadian friend. I'll have a look and follow-up.

PS. Great Ice Hockey team. Well done in the Olympics final against a very good US team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Nothing new there in this whole thread. This is the link I have used to download the image. Still cannot update it. It's a pitty really that Kaspersky Labs with such an effective Product cannot make a working bootable CD.

Should be the easiest thing to do nowdays.

Anyway, I still require help. I would appreciate it from anyone please.

Thanks.

TrDo.

This post has been edited by TrDo: 3.03.2010 12:44

+Quote Post
TrDo
post 3.03.2010 14:26
Post #4

Advanced Member I

I can't really understand why is so difficult to help someone to create a Rescue CD. This should work by default.

Many threads with the same issue of Rescue CD. Kaspersky team does not seem to care. Maybe they are full of money by now, and they don't really care.

Kaspersky Labs are funny. We pay for the product, there is an option that we should be able to use, that we cannot use, and no-one seems to bother.

I'm a new customer, decided to try KIS 2010. Well, what can I say?

Other than that Kaspersky advertise it on their site as a WORKING KIS 2010 FUNCTIONALITY. Well it's NOT WORKING.

Are you MISLEADING your customers?

Thanks.

TrDo.

+Quote Post
maxxx121
post 3.03.2010 17:03
Post #5

Advanced Member II

strange
my solution for rescue disk works for most of the time
OK what so ever
dont disable anthing
just copy the downloaded ISO to the desktop the choose the option copy iso image from local or network drive
click next and the ISO should be updated

+Quote Post
TrDo
post 3.03.2010 17:47
Post #6

Advanced Member I

Hi maxxx121,

thanks for your reply. I did copy to desktop and tried again. Keep getting this "File Copying Error (Access denied or Object not found)".

It just doesn't make any sense. This is very annoying.

TrDo.

+Quote Post
maxxx121
post 3.03.2010 19:33
Post #7

Advanced Member II

are you able to download the RESCUE disk from the build in option n kaspersky
if so then please download it then when again you will initiate the creation of rescue disk from the build in option of kasperky it will prompt you that the ISO image is found and then just continue and your ISO will be updated

+Quote Post
TrDo
post 4.03.2010 01:22
Post #8

Advanced Member I

I'm not able to download the iso from the built-in option in KIS 2010. I get a "File Downloading error" message.

This is just too bad.

KIS 2010 Rescue Disc!! What a JOKE!! laugh.gif

========================================================

The respective Rescue CD from AVIRA works just fine. Able to download it and created it. Tested and working on Win 7 x64. Well done Avira! I can see now why the Avira Rescue CD is so popular on the net.

Shame on you Kaspersky labs!

TrDo.

This post has been edited by TrDo: 4.03.2010 01:26

+Quote Post
RaytheBear
post 4.03.2010 01:28
Post #9

Kaspersky Fan I

QUOTE(TrDo @ 3.03.2010 16:22) *
I'm not able to download the iso from the built-in option in KIS 2010. I get a "File Downloading error" message.

This is just too bad.

KIS 2010 Rescue Disc!! What a JOKE!! laugh.gif

========================================================

The respective Rescue CD from AVIRA works just fine. Able to download it and created it. Tested and working on Win 7 x64. Well done Avira! I can see now why the Avira Rescue CD is so popular on the net.

Shame on you Kaspersky labs!

TrDo.

If you read one of the Post below yours you will see that Charles Edmondson just created a Rescue Cd, maybe you could email him to ask him how he did it.
Ray

+Quote Post
TrDo
post 4.03.2010 01:41
Post #10

Advanced Member I

Ray, please if my English is not good then let me say it again, as I did in the first post: I have managed to created it, but not from within the KIS 2010 GUI. That's one issue.

But the main issue is that I CANNOT get it to update.

The same thing that Charles is asking in his thread: The guy is wondering how can he get it to update? So am I, and maybe a few thousand others deceived users!

Thanks

TrDo.

PS. I have replied to Charles' thread.

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 4.03.2010 01:44
Post #11

Are You Kidding?

Group: Gold beta testers

Detail then, you get to the main rescue disk interface and?
how do you connect to the internet?

+Quote Post
TrDo
post 4.03.2010 01:49
Post #12

Advanced Member I

Hi Lucian,

I don't do anything other than that described in the Operating manual and the Kaspersky Lab help site/guide: I follow the GUI wizard and I get the above described errors.

I can provide screenshots if that would help. As I said, I even followed maxxx123 guide/advice but with no success.

Thanks.

TrDo.

PS. I'm on a Toshiba Satellite A500, brand new, running Win7 x64 Home Premium.

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 4.03.2010 01:50
Post #13

Are You Kidding?

can you connect to the update servers (can the installed kis update?)

you said, you booted to your rescue disk and can't update it.
Edit: downloaded the iso, burnt it, booted, got the "databases out of date" message - it's on a pc without kis. pressed Update now and it updates. (connected via wired link, using dhcp, to a router)

This post has been edited by Lucian Bara: 4.03.2010 01:54

+Quote Post
TrDo
post 4.03.2010 02:23
Post #14

Advanced Member I

I can update my KIS 2010 databases without an issue.

But the Rescue CD does not update. Neither from within the GUI of KIS nor from the boot enviroment.

TrDo.

+Quote Post
Hapkido
post 4.03.2010 05:02
Post #15

Advanced Member I

I've read over a dozen threads regarding this Rescue Disk and all the problems people seem to have. Fortunately, I haven't experienced a problem yet. I have successfully downloaded the .iso file via the KIS 2010 Rescue Disk wizard, updated it and then burned it to a CD.

Now, my question is: Can one update the actual Rescue Disk CD (burned to an unfinalized disk)? If so, how is that done?

Or, must one update the "rescuecd.iso" file using the wizard and then burn another CD in order to have an up-to-date copy?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Whizard
post 4.03.2010 06:19
Post #16

Professional

Group: Moderators

I dont know if you need to finalize the disk, but I believe this is the case regarding all CDs in general.
You can update Rescue Disk via built in updater, see my tutorial (http://warpto.info/2009/05/kaspersky-rescue-disk)

--------------------
Networking and Security Guru
~^Whizard^~

+Quote Post
Lucian Bara
post 4.03.2010 09:06
Post #17

Are You Kidding?

ok, so you got to the boot environment, you press update, what error do you get?
also, you didn't answer the question, how do you connect to the internet?

+Quote Post
TrDo
post 4.03.2010 09:17
Post #18

Advanced Member I

It's almost impossible to update the KIS Rescue CD through the boot eniroment. For me, and many other users, is impossible to even update through the KIS 2010 GUI as well. No-one seems to know why this is happening, amonst all the experts here. The important thing is that many users have complained about this but KasLabs pretend they don't hear it.

I wonder, how difficult could it be for KASLabs, to update the .iso image once a day with fresh definitions?

So, there is a solution. Get rid of this crappy malfunctioning "KIS Rescue CD"--lol--, and download Avira Antivir Rescue CD iso (actually is a .exe file). They update it everyday several times, so when you decide to download it you have the latest databases available.

Double click the .exe, and within seconds you have a REAL Rescue CD. Tested and working on Win7 x64.

Another alternative is the BitDefender Rescue CD with auto updates during boot.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

TrDo.

This post has been edited by TrDo: 4.03.2010 09:30

+Quote Post
inigong
post 4.03.2010 09:23
Post #19

I doubt if there's a way for us to update the actual Rescue Disk CD but I believe there's a way for us to do it via the built in updater.

edit: disable advert signature link.

This post has been edited by richbuff: 4.03.2010 09:42

+Quote Post
TrDo
post 4.03.2010 09:25
Post #20

Advanced Member I

Hi Lucian,

to answer your q's:

1. I have tried both wireless and ethernet connections. I've read somewhere that the KAS boot enviroment (and the Linux for that matter) does not like very much the wireless config. So I have also tried with a cable, as well. No luck. Last time I tried was at 06:24. About an hour ago. Just after I woke up.

2. The error I'm getting is that "the updates source cannot be found". I get 44 errors, when tried to update through boot. I've noticed that they are all alike except, the "geo" numbers. That suggests that the updater is trying to get updates from all diffrerent servers available, but obviously it does not find any.

But the funny thing is that I cannot get it--the .iso , I mean-- to update through the KIS 2010 GUI.

Thanks.

TrDo.

This post has been edited by TrDo: 4.03.2010 09:26

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31.10.2014 21:51