Apple Purchase Request Notifications not working with Safe Kids installed

Bahusafoo

Device: Apple iPhone 8

iOS Version: 16.7.2

Safe Kids Version: 1.99.0

This is a bug with the safe kids app.  I've reported to Kaspersky already, just letting others know as well.

I'm able to recreate this by factory resetting my daughter's iphone 8.  Setting up a child's account in a family group, with purchase requests turned on causes me to be notified and need to approve/deny any app downloads she attempts from her device.  

Once I install the Safe Kids app, I stop receiving purchase request notifications for her account.  There are no error messages, it simply stops sending the notifications to the parent's device.  Other apple devices without safe kids installed continue to send purchase request notifications.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bahusafoo said:

Device: Apple iPhone 8, iOS Version: 16.7.2, Safe Kids Version: 1.99.0

This is a bug with the safe kids app.  I've reported to Kaspersky already, just letting others know as well.

I'm able to recreate this by factory resetting my daughter's iphone 8. (1Setting up a child's account in a family group , with purchase requests turned on causes me to be notified and need to approve/deny any app downloads she attempts from her device.  

Once I install the Safe Kids app, I stop receiving purchase request notifications for her account.  There are no error messages, it simply stops sending the notifications to the parent's device.  Other apple devices without safe kids installed continue to send purchase request notifications.

Hello @Bahusafoo

Welcome!

Thank you for theinformation!

1. Just for our understanding, does: 'Setting up a child's account in a family group' mean: Set up Family Sharing

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Correct, this is Apple's built-in family controls.  

Phone A (Parents phone) has parent's apple ID logged in.  Phone B has child's apple ID logged in.  Purchase approval is enabled for the child's Apple ID.  Child tries to download a new app from the app store - notification for approval is sent to parent's device.

After installing Safe Kids application, when a child tries to download a new app from the app store, the notification is never sent to the parent's device.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Bahusafoo said:

Correct, this is Apple's built-in family controls.  

Phone A (Parents phone) has parent's apple ID logged in.  Phone B has child's apple ID logged in.  Purchase approval is enabled for the child's Apple ID.  Child tries to download a new app from the app store - notification for approval is sent to parent's device.

After installing Safe Kids application, when a child tries to download a new app from the app store, the notification is never sent to the parent's device.

Hello @Bahusafoo

Thank you for the information!

Our understanding & what we've identified from previous interactions with other Community members is that KSK & Apple Family Group Sharing are not compatible, it's good you've logged the issue with the Kaspersky team -> please keep the Community updated with the outcome when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Grammar

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, saltminer said:

I can confirm this bug, on two separate childs IOS devices (iPads). Dec 30, 2023. Deleting the Kaspersky Kids app from the iPads allowed the Ask To Buy requests to once again come through. 
This should be fixed by Kaspersky.

Hello @saltminer

Welcome!

When Screentime was setup, were any special consents applied?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 1 month later...

I see this is a problem. I do not get the requests from my child form his iPhone.  Not for extra time or to get an app from the App Store.  I cannot help him get anything added to his phone because I never receive the request and nothing can be added without approval, even though I do not have any restrictions set for app purchase. I have checked every possible setting.  I have been a customer for years and this is a newer problem. 

25 minutes ago, EJJ said:

I see this is a problem. *I do not get the requests from my child form his iPhone.*  Not for extra time or to get an app from the App Store.  I cannot help him get anything added to his phone because I never receive the request and nothing can be added without approval, even though I do not have any restrictions set for app purchase. I have checked every possible setting.  I have been a customer for years and this is a newer problem. 

Hello @EJJ

Welcome!

1. When KSK was installed on (your) son's iPhone, was *this instruction at the very bottom of the page* followed:  How to set up Kaspersky Safe Kids using the Screen Time API after updating to version 1.87.0.XXX

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn