IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> XP Professional w/service pack 3 & Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, .
Renee59
post 22.05.2011 02:53
Post #1

Group: Members

Hello,

On our computers at home, we have Microsoft XP Professional w/service pack 3 and then last July we bought Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and have not had any issues.

We had been with another company who had partnered with IYOGI and that is another reason we left. Had problems with them, not helping us to resolve the issues in the first place.

I have however noticed on the internet, lots of customers who have had issues dealing with XP Professional & service pack 3 & Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.

My questions please.

Are service pack 3 and Kaspersky Internet 2011 compatible?

Have the issues been resolved with service pack 3 & Kaspersky Internet Security 2011?

Where is Kaspersky technical support based? Are they in the United States or have they gone overseas?

We don't want to leave Kaspersky, but if there are any issues we will need to.

Please advise.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Pelotas
post 22.05.2011 03:07
Post #2

Global Moderator

Group: Global moderators

QUOTE(Renee59 @ 22.05.2011 00:53) *
Hello,

On our computers at home, we have Microsoft XP Professional w/service pack 3 and then last July we bought Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and have not had any issues.

We had been with another company who had partnered with IYOGI and that is another reason we left. Had problems with them, not helping us to resolve the issues in the first place.

I have however noticed on the internet, lots of customers who have had issues dealing with XP Professional & service pack 3 & Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.

My questions please.

Are service pack 3 and Kaspersky Internet 2011 compatible?

Have the issues been resolved with service pack 3 & Kaspersky Internet Security 2011?

Where is Kaspersky technical support based? Are they in the United States or have they gone overseas?

We don't want to leave Kaspersky, but if there are any issues we will need to.

Please advise.

1. Yes.

2. Where you are, in your case the US: http://support.kasperskyamericas.com/home/...cket?sid=478018

--------------------

+Quote Post
Renee59
post 22.05.2011 08:01
Post #3

Group: Members

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 21.05.2011 16:07) *
1. Yes.

2. Where you are, in your case the US: http://support.kasperskyamericas.com/home/...cket?sid=478018

Hello,

1. Ok so the issues have been resolved then? As I stated earlier, I don't want to upgrade and purchase the product and then find out it will not work.

2. Yes, I am in the United States.

Thank you,

+Quote Post
antikythera
post 22.05.2011 11:36
Post #4

ICT Consultant

Group: Gold beta testers

as with everything in life, try before you buy. take a backup of one of your machines and then clean upgrade it to 2011 (which you can do on the 2010 licence for free).

the system requirements have changed with regards memory so make sure that there is 512Mb available physical RAM on the machine. Available RAM means what is left after the operating system and any other programs have loaded at startup, not the total installed by the person or company that built it. You can find this information in either windows task manager or system information.

you should be fine as long as:

- the systems meet the hardware requirements of the program
- you do a clean upgrade by which I mean removing the old version first (saving activation data only) and rebooting prior to installation
- there are no other conflicting packages on the system

If you need help establishing suitability you could always run the GSI tool as described in this sticky for all machines you want help with and post the output links in here.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915

This post has been edited by antikythera: 22.05.2011 11:37

--------------------
Nothing to see here, move along!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30.08.2014 02:10